WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: Swaging die value?

Boolit Mold

Swaging die value?

Thinking of moving away from .224" swaging...

I have a 3die set of B&A .224" 6S swaging dies that I donīt use. Bought them several years ago, but invested in carbide dies before I even got to use them and now they are just laying around.

Anyone have any idea about their current value?

Regards,
    Peter

Boolit Mold
    Hi are these for a regular reloading press? You have any idea what you want for them? I possibly may be interested.

Boolit Buddy
    i am not certain but probably $300

Pictures, pls?

Boolit Master

I'd probably be interested as well if they are for a regular reloading press.

Boolit Mold
    Have gotten a few PMīs about the dies. Havenīt really decided upon selling or not, but there looks to be people intrested. I were mostly intrested in figuring out if there were any intrest.

B&A dies are threaded 7/8-14 like normal reloading dies, but one needs a punch holder and preferably an ejector frame to speed up the process.

Found a set on ebay with B&A dies for $1300, if I decide to sell my will be alot cheaper than that...

I would also like to be put on the list if you decide to sell them. Most likley never make it down to me but never hurts to try.

Boolit Master
    How are Georges dies treating you so far Pete? I would be curious what these sell for as well. Seems to me I saw some go for around 6-700 a while back. Does yours have a de rim die as well?
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    I bought a set of 5 dies and punchs (corbin) complete with a 4 cavity core mold for 550.00 these were for 7/8x14 thread like brand new

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christensen View Post
    How are Georges dies treating you so far Pete? I would be curious what these sell for as well. Seems to me I saw some go for around 6-700 a while back. Does yours have a de rim die as well?
    It works great! I have only recived a 6mm pointing die this far, but a BT core seater is coming in early summer. A bit different shape than my 6mm Rorscharch dies, but they shoot really nice and look sleek!

My B&A die set came with some spare parts that I could never figure out what they were intended for, might be the case that they are actually de riming dies. Have to have a look at them, been kind of busy with my 6mm bullets!
    Last edited by Peeric; 04-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeric View Post
    Found a set on ebay with B&A dies for $1300, if I decide to sell my will be alot cheaper than that...
    Those are good dies and that price probably isn't far off these days.

Boolit Mold
    Would like to Know if you sale also. Thank You and God Bless

I don't know their value, but based on the interest shown, I think an auction would be the best way to sell them.
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun