MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Turkey in the back yard.

Boolit Buddy
    G'Day
    Not a turkey but this bloke was hanging around the school.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone 0514 077.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	138933
    Juddy

One of the main reasons I prefer to live in the country is I get to enjoy looking at the variety of wildlife around my house. I will shoot feral cats (they're hard on the natives) and the occasional rabbit or wallaby, but only for the pot. Nothing gets shot without reason.

Banned
    We had a ton (maybe 20-25) of Toms hang out on our land near the house about a month or two back. They stayed for a solid week, and would get actually come into the yard.

Banned

One time when I was young in Cleveland, coming home from baseball, a creep drove up on the curb to run over a squirrel. The last thing I seen was the bumper sticker, Friends of Animals or PETA, too long ago. The wife and I see jerks going into the berm to hit chucks, rabbits and squirrels. I think they are liberals. do as I say, not as I do.
    I watch the junk on TV about pets for homes asking for money. They kill more of the wonderful animals then they find homes for. Put to sleep the very old if in pain or those in pain and even that causes so much heartbreak. The worst thing ever is to lose a dog. I am very angry they do not live as long as we do.
    I will shoot a fox because I want other game here. I love to see a rabbit in the yard. Yotes destroy too much. They need to be but when there are too many for what they can eat, they need reduced.
    Nature helps when the food supply is gone and varmints die off but it takes years for game to return. Any animal in my yard is a joy. I love rabbit meat but when fox get done there might be only a few left. I won't shoot any now. I make brush piles for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    predators are out of check because of human intervention (Liberals I suppose)
    knocked all the big predators out and left the less troublesome ,at the time.
    anyone who is intentionally running over animals has no name that is low enough
    sorry for the rant
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Banned

I am the biggest animal lover you ever seen. I cry for a dog. I hate those adds on TV that show the dogs, asking for money. They buy drugs to kill.
    But I am a hunter and a meat eater. I believe in a balance of all wildlife. All animals need to live and eat. There is a line when varmints take from me what I want to eat too. I should be able to have a few rabbits too. There was more game when trappers made more money. Furs were great to stay warm but the tree hugger's got into it. No knowledge at all, just a "feel good thing". Sick people.
    A healthy fox is beautiful but they got so thick, mange and rabies showed up. I killed many with mange. One of my dogs got it where a fox ran through.
    Over populated deer get so many diseases it can wipe them out.
    Conservation is also killing. Since man came, nature took care of itself. Man disrupted it. now it is our job. I hate trophy hunters, bring the herd to health and balance, stick the bragging where the sun don't shine. How I hate when a creep says a "cull buck." It should be a doe.
    I remember when out of state hunters could never get a doe tag in PA. Hunt clubs got all and threw them out so they had more deer to hunt. It was a deer behind every tree mentality. It was nothing to count 80 doe walk by without a single antler and if any made 80# she was a pig. PA had to be the worst. I don't blame the game department, I blame residents.
    Now where I live you can't kill more then 3 doe a season, well you should see the numbers left here. So many it will take 15 minutes to tag out next season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234