Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen the price of powders at this place?

I thought I'd seen everything until I saw AA5744 for $200 keg at Powder Valley.

Boolit Buddy
    I use gunbot a lot to track changes on websites, but I also noticed that on some websites it does not parse or it does not parse correctly. I am already working on my own parser to track the changes on some of these popular sites. Hopefully I will get it done someday.

Boolit Man
    I wonder are these folks selling anything. 2 weeks ago I bought 2- 8# jugs of Unique at a LGS here in Alabama for $159.99 each. I thought that was high, but that is exactly $120 per jug cheaper than this place. Things may be higher than pre panic but nowhere near this.

Surely they jest !!! I had to go back and look again to make sure my eyes didn't deceive me the first 3 times I looked at this
    Last edited by lolbell; 04-21-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added text
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

Boolit Grand Master
    Yikes!!

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    I saw some 2400 at a gunshow today for the first time in two years. A vendor had five one-pound bottles. They were $34.99 each, easily the most expensive powder on the table.

I left them there. At those prices someone more desperate than I needs them.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    Just an update, you can add more that one item to your cart to offset the hazmat charge. The website displays one item added to cart, but when you look in your cart you will see how ever many items you ordered.

Boolit Bub
    Locally I'm finding most powder for $24 a pound. I've had to wait to get some of the more popular powders. Jugs I'm finding in the $160 to $170 range if they want more than that I'll let the keep it until its aged for them. I'm stocking up when I find my more popular powders. The gougers I just laugh at and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    They have everything in stock that no one else has but their prices are utterly ridiculous. I am pretty sure that at those prices they will never run out of anything.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/produ...nents-powders/
    Stanford,

Thank you for the link to Reloading Unlimited! I just yesterday picked up an 8 lb jug of TiteGroup and was feeling a little guilty about paying just a taste over $21 per pound for it. I now know that had I purchased the same 8 lbs from R.U. they would have gouged me, inclusive of shipping and the much hated Haz-Mat tax just shy of $32 per pound! I saved enough to buy a thousand of my favorite 38 special plinker boolets!!!
    Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Boolit Master

Just a reality math check.

Unique cost in the not so far past.....$118/8#.
    5600- 10 grain loads at....................$0.021/round.

Unique cost + hazmat.......................$300/8#
    5600-10 grain loads at......................$0.053 round

Primer @ $0.030/round.
    Bullet @ $0.20/round.

308 PMC 147 FMJ shipped @ $0.72/round.

Powder is a trivial cost at any price.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

It may be trivial, but my pocketbook says it is gouging and won't open for fools like that. And unless this store was located on a tropical island where you can't get delivery, he and anyone like him can keep it. Let it age for a year or two.

Cousin just paid 30.00 a lb for IMR 4198 at our local gun shop and 35.00 for a 1000 Large Rifle primers.

Boolit Master
    Seems to be within a couple bucks per pound price as the LGS. A couple better, a few worse. He has more than I've seen in a while.

It's the new normal, just like $15 a brick 22 ammo is no longer there. Gotta get used to it.

Shipping and insurance charges to folks selling product has gone up. When black powder required a big change in storage regs it became extinct around here. I think only 2 places carried it in the state.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
    Yeah, Henry used to live up to his name, but not anymore. That's why he always has so much powder still in stock. I woould give my left nut for 8lb of Longshot for $204!
    Ballistic Products 1lb = $23.79 or 8 x 1lbs = $190.32
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy
    wow, just wow!!!! i bought a 8lb jug of unique about 3 months ago at a lgs for 120 bucks. one of the big reasons to reload is cost savings. less money....more shooting. at those prices does that still apply?

Boolit Master
    The prices at this place aren't really much different than what I am seeing on shelves. Managed to find some power pistol over the weekend, $29.99 a lbs. Place around the corner most of what they have is selling right at the edge of $30/lbs. Couple more and they have it in stock, I bought some 2400 not long ago, first have seen in a while. Havent seen any H110. The price of everything else is up, so why not powder?

Le Loup Solitaire
    My latest current catalog from Midsouth Shooters Supply has powders from all major manufacturers at reasonable prices. But you have to pony up the hazmat fee; going in on a powder deal with someone would soften that up. Same for primers. LLS

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtoo View Post
    wow, just wow!!!! i bought a 8lb jug of unique about 3 months ago at a lgs for 120 bucks. one of the big reasons to reload is cost savings. less money....more shooting. at those prices does that still apply?
    I thought the same. But when you really crunch the numbers. Even 200 for 8# unique the cost per round is very,minimal

Sorry boys that's gouging and I ain't paying to play!!
    Charlie

Boolit Buddy
    You guys realize that we've been having inflation sneak up on us this last decade, right?

You can't print trillions of dollars and not devalue the money in circulation! If the price is a "little" high, not ridiculous, buy it and go shooting. Some commodities adjust to inflation at a much faster clip than others. Anything you use in your life is a commodity, whether it be frozen OJ, pork, or gunpowder!

It's not going to go down in price to what it was 5 or 10 years ago.

Might be a good idea to start looking ahead to the future and start stocking other things you see yourself using in the next decade or so while the current prices are low.

Andy
    Check out my vendors section:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Andy-s-Slow-Rust-Blue

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    8 # ofHS-335 there is $30 less than local but then I do not have to pay Haz Mat or shipping so local is really less expensive, HS-6 is higher than local.

What goes up , must come down does not really apply to gun powder.primers or .22 Ammo. Anyone remember the Cliton years and now his wife wants a turn at our guns and the nation's economy?
    Last edited by Case Stuffer; 05-27-2015 at 06:27 AM.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast