MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Norma Tac-22?

Boolit Master

Norma Tac-22?

This seems to be sporadically available again. Has anyone tried it?

I normally use Lapua Midas + in my Kidd-barreled 10/22 for best accuracy, but the Norma is significantly cheaper.

Thank you,
    Richard

Boolit Buddy
    Have used the Tac 22 ammo in my target BSA model 12 martini rifle with good results. Good enough for me to use it in the open sight 22 rifle competition the range I'm a member has once a month. For me and my particular rifle, it shoots quite well. When using the TAC, never finished lower than 3rd place. A couple of months ago, I tried the Norma Match ammo, costs several dollars more than TAC. For me, the Match seemed to be more consistent and have switched to using it in the competition. Kinda funny, one of the reasons I switched to the Match is several of my competitors have switched to using the Norma TAC in their rifles.

Have been a fair number of posts on Rimfire Central, a pretty good website for 22 shooting, about the Norma TAC and Match ammo. Generally, the comments are quite positive about the ammo. Might want to visit that site.

Boolit Master
    My friend bought two cases of it and sold one case before shooting it and now kicks himself in the butt. He went to the range with his Anschutz prone gun and proceeded to shoot several ten shot groups prone with a sling that were 10X groups, the 100 yard small-bore X ring is 1". He has since sold some Wolf Match Extra and bought more of the Tac 22. I bought two cases myself but have not been out to try it.

I suggest you buy some before the word gets out and the demand goes up making it cost more.

I bought a couple thousand rounds but have not shot any yet. Box looks cool is why I bought it, lol. I collect rimfire ammo for the boxes. They make a eye-catching display!

Boolit Master
    My initial test of the TAC-22 with my Ruger 77/22 (standard factory bbl):
    Two 5-shot groups @ 50 yds: 0.48" average. A very good beginning.

The new Norma ammo lines are very popular recent topic over at RimfireCentral, most folks are finding that it is very accurate for its price point.

The consensus seems to be that Wolf MT often outperforms it slightly, while the Norma Match-22 is a huge step up in performance for only a modest cost increase over the TAC-22.

Boolit Buddy
    Tac 22 shoots terrific in my Kimber 82m. I should buy more.