Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Lapua brass

Lapua brass

I'm looking for some high quality brass cases for a new barrel and was wanting to give it my all with the best components. Is Lapua brass really that good, I mean a dollar a case for 30/06?

Boolit Master

Lapua brass is really good brass. It is very consistent in weight the flash holes are good and they take minimal deburring on the inside of the flasholes. On the other hand I have processed brass from various company's with regard to weight, inside flashhole burrs and the like and make I think just as good of brass. Lapua just takes a bit of the work out of it. I think it also depends on your purpose. I have a good supply of LC 72 Match brass I use for my M1A. It's well made tough and reasonably consistent. It works well for that application. For my BPCR shooting I use Winchester 45-70 brass and do the prep and it works fine for my purposes. A lot of the big match guys use Lapua brass. I think if you went to the trouble and effort to prep your brass you could get close to the same results as Lapua.

gmsharps

Boolit Master

Lapua brass is very good as well as Norma. However, you can do better if you are willing to do the work. Many bench rest shooters will buy 100 new cases and end up with only 10 "keepers" after prep work. The other 90 or so will be used for plinking, hunting or sold and another 100 bought. The brass is sized, trimmed, flash holes deburred and primer pockets reamed. Then the brass is weight sorted. Lot of work but you can get some perfectly matched brass this way if that is what you want.

Larry