MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: No stickies or FAQ?

Boolit Bub

No stickies or FAQ?

Hey guys.
    Looking to get into reloading slugs for my two cylinder bore shotguns. A 590A1 (18 inch barrel) and a Grizzly Mag (12 inch barrel).

Mostly for plinking fun. Might get into trap and skeet at some point (not with slugs of course, duh)

Where can I read up on it all? There is no stickies on this forum about it and no FAQ page either? I don't want to have to spam you guys with the zillion questions I have....not before I do a little more reading that is.

And how do you feel about the Lee Load-all II press? I get polarized reviews on it.

Cheers,
    PepeLapiu

Boolit Master

I 've loaded thousands of rounds with the load all over 35 years. Perfect for the casual shooter. As for slug loads for smoothbore, use the search function and you'll find days worth of reading. Welcome.

In Remembrance

If I was you, Sir, i would search by user name initially, then by topic.
    SOme people worth reading into, in addition to Hogtamer (above) are: turbo1889, Greg5278, longbow, bikerbeans, hubel458, SuperBlazingSabots and Vdomemorie (same guy) , jmortimer and jmort,

There are a few othewrs I know I forgot.

C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Moderator Emeritus

while I know just about NOTHING about loading shotgun slugs. I think you will be impressed with our website's simple search window (it is Google website driven), as long as you can find and use the correct lingo. I just did a search for "slug fit" and got a ton of posts about issues of slug/wad to barrel fit. "Sabot slug" also got a lot of results.

ALSO, I assume you have a good shotgun reloading manual, like a Lyman ?

In my searching, that I just did for you, I found this thread, seems like there are lots of good info offered up here. Let me know if it helps you, maybe I'll add it to the FAQ forum.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...le-of-question
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Stickies are a pain IMHO. Having to scroll past every day they loose whatever benefit they had

Hey I like stickies!

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I think you will be impressed with our website's simple search window (it is Google website driven), as long as you can find and use the correct lingo.
    Wow...

that IS a much better search engine than what was around before.
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!