Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 327 Fed Mag Lovers

Boolit Grand Master

This is making me think I should just cancel the order and buy off Gunbroker. I have a feeling he won't be able to get one for me.

Boolit Master
    Suddenly they are all over gunbroker. That happened FAST!

Boolit Buddy
    Just shot some of my first .327 test loads this morning while on a rural job-site. Did I tell you I like my job?
    Anyway, last night I loaded up my first .327fed/mag rounds.
    I set a 93gr powder-coated cast boolit over 7.5grs of Blue Dot.

Snappy and LOUD little boogers, but seemed to hit a little low of point of aim at 15 yards from a 2" barrel.

Love the caliber. Still waiting for the carbine...

Boolit Grand Master

Just bought one off Gunbroker. I'm not taking any risks. Of course my dealer is traveling due to the holiday so he doesn't have internet access. Who knows, I may end up w/ two of them :laugh:

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    Just shot some of my first .327 test loads this morning while on a rural job-site. Did I tell you I like my job?
    Anyway, last night I loaded up my first .327fed/mag rounds.
    I set a 93gr powder-coated cast boolit over 7.5grs of Blue Dot.

Snappy and LOUD little boogers, but seemed to hit a little low of point of aim at 15 yards from a 2" barrel.

Love the caliber. Still waiting for the carbine...
    If there ever was a caliber that screamed out for Ruger to reintroduce the #3 Carbine, it's the 327 FM! Let your imagination run wild.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I have a bid in on one on GB.
    Will see though. I am NOT going to just jump like I did with the single 7 now you can get them for $80 less.

$600+ is not gona happen for me. Mid 5's yea ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    If there ever was a caliber that screamed out for Ruger to reintroduce the #3 Carbine, it's the 327 FM! Let your imagination run wild.

Froggie
    Amen brother, the old #3 would be a fine companion for my Single sevens.

Boolit Buddy
    Any word on how the new .327 is from the folks that have one?

I currently own a 32 S&W Long in a J-frame model 31. I love the 115 grain 311008 boolit in that cartridge. With you guys talking about length issues I was wondering, will the 3118 / 311008 loaded in the 327 Federal still fit in the "short" cylinder of the new Ruger single 7 and sp101? These new Ruger revolvers has my mouth watern' sumtn' fierce!
    Thanks.....Bongo.....

Boolit Grand Master

Longest I can load in a Single 7 is 1.510. I haven't loaded up any of the 311008s I cast yet. But the 32-115 SWC that NOE sells is to long to crimp in the crimp groove.

You will have no such issues w/ the SP101. I need to order some molds from Accurate as he makes shortened versions intended for use in the Single 7.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by like it all View Post
    Amen brother, the old #3 would be a fine companion for my Single sevens.
    I bought a #3 .22 Hornet a couple of years ago with the intention of converting it to .41 Mag. or .414SM...now I am thinking .327...

For a cast boolit...try the Accurate 31-120S...I have been running them out of a FA 97 and they are excellent. Has a short nose for the SP101...had it in 10 days...

Bob

Boolit Master

Picked mine up today. Didn't shoot it much (20 rounds) at 15 yards. 31108 with 4 grains of Herco. I had them clumping around three inches with no sight adjustment. To darn windy to do much today. It worked just fine, extraction was positive, double action was a bit heavy but smooth. Looks like a keeper.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I currently own a 32 S&W Long in a J-frame model 31. I love the 115 grain 311008 boolit in that cartridge. With you guys talking about length issues I was wondering, will the 3118 / 311008 loaded in the 327 Federal still fit in the "short" cylinder of the new Ruger single 7 and sp101? These new Ruger revolvers has my mouth watern' sumtn' fierce!
    Thanks.....Bongo.....
    Short answer... NO. At least not in the Single 7. The maximum length that will work in the 327 is 1.50 inches. Other cartridges may do well with the 311-008, but it is a might long for the 327 in the single seven.
    I am toying with getting one of the Sp101's. I can't truly justify it, but boy do I want one.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

The cylinder on the SP101 is quite a bit longer than the single seven so it has more options.

Boolit Master

Mine measures: Single 7, 1.45. SP 101, 1.585.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Short answer... NO. At least not in the Single 7. The maximum length that will work in the 327 is 1.50 inches. Other cartridges may do well with the 311-008, but it is a might long for the 327 in the single seven.
    I am toying with getting one of the Sp101's. I can't truly justify it, but boy do I want one.
    The max I've been able to go is 1.511", and not a hair more. I like to keep it at 1.510, but with the LRNFP, that leaves no room for deviation.

I'm looking forward to a longer cylinder on the SP so I do not have to worry about it that much.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM52 View Post
    I bought a #3 .22 Hornet a couple of years ago with the intention of converting it to .41 Mag. or .414SM...now I am thinking .327...

Bob
    Years ago Ross Seyfried had C Sharps barrel a No 3 to .32 Magnum. His results were so interesting we bought a 24" Contender barrel in .32 Magnum. It is a good small game rifle.
    Slim

Boolit Mold
    Received my Ruger .327 SP101 4.2 the 16th. The cylinder is 1.585 long and the 311008 will easily fit with plenty of room to spare. Star Line Brass is now taking back orders for .327 brass with production at the end of May. Price for 500 is $121.50 with $2.90 for insurance,TOTAL $124.40. Fired a few .32 longs and a cylinder full of .327's just to see how it works and it is very pleasant even with the full power ammo. I like it.

Boolit Bub
    I shoot 311008s in both of my single sevens with excellent accuracy. You just have to crimp them over the shoulder instead of the top lube grove.

Boolit Mold
    The Saeco 322 is the right length to crimp in the crimp groove in the Single 7 cylinder, also Lyman 311316 or the Accurate Molds clone if you want a gas check. There are lots of options in the lighter bullet weights.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast