MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My gun Auction, this week

Moderator Emeritus

My gun Auction, this week

Well, it's only 3 days out and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Last week, I was called back to work (going in today). I'll have Thursday off, of course, but Wednesday and thursday will be crazy days for me.

I hope a few of My Minnesota cast boolit friends can make it.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 04-02-2015 at 10:33 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Nice collection JonB - So, is something that will be streaming live for bidding ???
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    Nice collection JonB - So, is something that will be streaming live for bidding ???
    No streaming, this is a Live Auction Only. No online bidding.
    Starts at 5PM CDT ...and will probably over, but for the crying, by 7:30pm.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Moderator Emeritus

Dang to bad I am broke, that HiPoint carbine would be fun.

Banned

I like #39 with the 79.5" barrel

#25 is a 30 special

typo's can make new and interesting guns quickly!

good luck on your venture

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    No streaming, this is a Live Auction Only. No online bidding.
    Starts at 5PM CDT ...and will probably over, but for the crying, by 7:30pm.
    You have my condolences.

Boolit Master

Wish I was a couple states closer ! Good luck.

So YOU'RE they guy that was hoarding all that stuff! No wonder we couldn't find any ammo!
    Good luck on your auction. Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country. Hopefully that's the last time I need to do that.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

"I'm selling some guns, ammo, and stuff to raise some capital for a possible real estate venture"

"Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country."

I am sure it is bittersweet, but if it gets you what you want, that will be sweet. You always can start collecting again.

Any chance on just buying outright I am interested in the 6.5 55 swede.

Boolit Grand Master

I have been to Jon's house once. He has a very nice collection. Having been to a fair number of gun auctions some items will go to low and some will go to high so it evens out in the end. Jon I wish you the best of luck with the auction. Didn't see it until today so I don't think I can make it.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Any chance on just buying outright I am interested in the 6.5 55 swede.
    I wish I could, but I can't, Contract has been signed weeks ago for this sale, and all sales to my friends ended the day I signed that contract.

BTW, that is a sweet, all #'s matching, 96 with an originally equiped micrometer rear site. I'm hoping it'll go near that $600 area.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I have been to Jon's house once. He has a very nice collection. Having been to a fair number of gun auctions some items will go to low and some will go to high so it evens out in the end. Jon I wish you the best of luck with the auction. Didn't see it until today so I don't think I can make it.
    Darn, I was hoping you could make. I guess I shoulda posted in "our town" sooner.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Master

To far away or I would be there looks like all nicer type firearms you should do okay.

Best of luck with your sale.

Boolit Buddy

Good luck. I love auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    "I'm selling some guns, ammo, and stuff to raise some capital for a possible real estate venture"

"Selling my gun collection saved my butt and allowed bigger and better things more than once over my lifetime. Last time I sold a few machine guns and bought a house in the country."

I am sure it is bittersweet, but if it gets you what you want, that will be sweet. You always can start collecting again.
    That's exactly what I did. over 40 years, I have amassed some nice guns....always bought quality high condition collectibles. When it comes time to sell they sell and sell high....then I start over again.
    Someone once said "...you love your guns but they don't love you back". Quite true.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Good luck with the sale Jon. Several things in your list catch my eye and we are traveling to Minnesota next week, but will not be there for this.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Dang to bad I am broke, that HiPoint carbine would be fun.
    Im right there with you, and stuck in NY to boot

Moderator Emeritus

The Truck is all loaded !

I had my friend's Son do most of the carrying of guns and ammo from the 2nd floor of my house to the truck. My Knee just can't handle that many stair steps under load. And I know he wants $$$ to buy gasoline and other 'stuff' that 20 year old kids who still live at home, want ...so everyone is happy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dang ... my .222's twin ....think i'll cry with ya amigo , guns ...are our mostly silent friends ...well silent companions anyways until asked to bark that is :P and i cant speak for anyone else but each and every one i've had has a special place in my life ( yup even the ones i detested lolz )
    btw the 222 twin ? mine isnt very nice looking but still shoots some kinda sweet
    the only thing i can do is hope that the sale exceeds your expectations ! g'luck amigo
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast