Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Repackbox Load Data

View Poll Results: Besides wheel weights, what other items have you found while out walking?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hahahah! I've found a few doozies WILCO!

15 46.88%
  • Must be a slow day for you WILCO....

5 15.63%
  • I don't walk. SWMBO drives while I watch the curb.

1 3.13%
  • While walking, stay off my lawn. No really. OFF!

2 6.25%
  • Really WILCO? REALLY?

7 21.88%
  • Only time I find something while walking is at Walmart. Usally something shiny.

4 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Besides wheel weights, what other items have you found while out walking?

Boolit Master

I need to take a stroll where some of you guys walk!

Boolit Man
    I was following a pickup down the highway It looked like they were moving. They had a big dresser in the bed of the truck. The top dresser drawer kept opening wider as they bounced down the road. All of of sudden a bunch of undies came flying out . I had to turn off so I didnt get them stopped. When I got to the next customer I shoe horses for a living . I walked around the front of the truck and there was a rino sized pair of panties stuck in the grill of my truck. The customer said If you hit that women you got off lucky with no damage. Other than that I found a new Nikon Binos at a stop sign once not much else of note

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Various money amounts, up to a $100 bill, different tools, a 6" drop hitch, 5 gal gas can with gas, a watermelon, cell phone, sunglasses.

Waiting to pull out of the driveway I saw a dollar sitting in the ditch next to the driveway. Hopped out to get it and found another, there were a couple more caught in the culvert. Figured the wind was blowing west to east so crossed the road to the east side and checked the weeds in the field, found another dollar, came back and checked the other side of the culvert found a 5 and another 1 and saw some more to the west in our yard. I followed the money back west until I hit the fence for the back yard. Figured nothing on the fence so started working my way back east. Found the stash of a little over $200 stuffed in a crevice in the dirt under a 7 ft. pine tree.

Called the cops to report it.
    Cop said that there was armed robbery of a bar the a day or two before and the two guys that did it fled on foot in our general direction. They caught one but not the other. With our house being in an open stretch between two sets of woods there really is not much cover except for a couple of pine trees in our yard, maybe they hid there and stashed the money? The officer said there was no reason to take the money into evidence because no one knew exactly how much was stolen and there was no way to identify a loose wad of cash as being from the robbery or even know for sure when it was put there.

Here is where it gets weird. My wife asked the officer several times "what if the person that stuck money under the tree shows up at the door demanding it back?" Officer kept saying they would have no legal claim, just not getting wife's point of possible criminal at the door thinking we had "his" money. I finally pointed out if this person used a gun to steal the money in the first place why would they care about legal claim to it now? Oh! (dim light bulb went on) Well then call us if they show up and let us know. We will sure do that officer, yes indeed. Moved wife's 38 to a location with more convenient access for answering the door... just in case 911 put her on hold when I was not home. Reviewed the middle of the night intruder plan. Aggravation and stress of worry about someone coming back for it not worth the money.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Cant remember if I read it on here but there was a similar thread to this one where a hunter found a dead dwarf leaning up against a tree!! How bizarre is that.
    When I was in my teens we lived on the east coast of the UK and we would always go for a walk along the beach after a storm. One particular morning, after a good blow, we found a German WW2 mine washed up...they are still being dragged up in fishing nets 70 years after the war.
    Also found a full belt of .50BMG rounds when digging the garden of an old house I brought. Probably fell out of a Liberator or B17 as there was a USAF base just down the road during the war. Still have one of the rounds as a paperweight on my desk at work.

Boolit Master

While eating breakfast a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the arm on my chair was loose. Being the sort of person that wants to fix things that are broke, or bent, I turned the chair upside down to see what I could do. As I did so, I noticed a bolt lying on the floor. Picked it up and found that it was an Allen-head bolt. Now, if I had an Allen wrench, I might be able to tighten up the bolts holding the chair together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllenWrench.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	135560Well, I had found an Allen wrench less than an hour before on the morning walk, and it fit. All bolts tightened, chair is sound - but it is the ONLY Allen wrench I have ever found. What are the odds that one would find the exact tool they would need in less than an hour?
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    money, shovel, pickax, 2lb hammer, flashlights (3 of them, at various times) half box of CCI Minimags. Went to get the mail once and noticed this thing down the road, and it was one of those collapsible fabric trashcans full of empty pop cans (we have a 10cent deposit in MI) and a 20' extension cord. Found some old blue canning jars while walking in the woods. No firearms yet, but I keep looking.

Boolit Man
    Found a G23 .40S&W, holstered on the side of the walking trail below a prominent bridge between VA and MD. Called both the county and park police to turn it in. Brand new gun of the type just recently issued to local PD and in a holster also just recently issued to local PD for off-duty wear. Complete fiasco, think next time I'll just throw it in the river and keep walking...

Boolit Master
    A friend of mine once found a fully automatic M16 laying in the middle of the road back in the 70's. Seems some of the security forces up at Eielson AFB in Alaska were on a training mission of sorts and a cop wasn't paying attention and his weapon fell out of the truck and no one noticed. Friend picked it up, drove to the cop shack and walked in and told them he found it.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Hundreds of fishing lures,and many many lead sinkers too
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Dollar bills, change, Starbuck's cups, dog doo, hookers...........you know.........the normal stuff.

banger

I was at a scrap yard buying some steel to make a frame. Well looked on the ground and their was a 20 on a paper clip. I picked it up and their was more than just a 20 was more like 270 bucks in that little bundle. Well I was praying that I find a way to get me some tires on my old better and he really came through that day. I felt for the guy that lost it but if he just keeps his money in a paper clip I didn't feel to bad. I had new tires the next day.

A gross of condoms........I was about 10 years old.....I didn't really understand what I'd found, but I knew it wasn't something to take home and show my mom.

My younger brother and I would go down to Rough River Reservoir in late Feb., early March while the water was at winter pool and fish for crappie in the head waters of the creeks where they would congregate to wait for the warm spring rains.

While slogging through the mud out to the creek bank I found a high school class ring....West Hardin High School, class of '65....this was about '75. I took it to the school and gave it to the principal. About a month later I got a call from the guy who owned it. He lost it while water skiing a week after he graduated. He was happy to have it back.

When my son was 11 years old he found $250 under a shrub in front of a restaurant. We went back in and told the manager we had found something, left our contact info and told him anyone who could identify it could have it back.

Six months later we hadn't heard anything so I gave it back to him and told him he could spend it on anything he wanted. He said he wanted a deer rifle. We cruised the gun shows and he picked out a Marlin 336, 35Rem. We got that, a couple boxes of ammo, some brass, bullets, powder and primers. We spent all of that summer working up loads and practicing, getting him ready for deer season.

He got his deer that November and has not shown any interest in hunting since.....but that's OK, I still use HIS Marlin to take my deer. In a couple of years his son will be ready and I think the three of us can work up a good load before November.

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

In Remembrance
    Not a lot of difference in a paper clip and a money clip, they both get the job at hand done.

Boolit Master

I found a 35mm camera in the woods once while deer hunting, was in excellent condition.
    I put an add in the newspaper that said if you can discribe it -make & model- and where & when it may have been lost it was theirs. No one got it right so I sold it.
    Last edited by Hickory; 04-01-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned
    lets see.... a couple of $20 bills, a few $5 and $10 bills, screwdrivers, couple of sockets( mostly craftsman when they were good), a couple of ratches, baseballs and tennis balls and you name it balls out the wazoo, needles(stuff that people use to shoot up herion or whatever), two cell phones, angle grinders, hammers, measuring tapes, you name it..i found it. i just wish i would find a bag of $100 bills!!!

In Remembrance
    Back in the 70's I was driving to work in Houston about 4:30 in the morning and found a dead man on the side of the road. I called the police, and the first thing the dispatcher said was good. I said there isn't anything good about it, this guy is dead as a doornail, he had been cut to ribbons. The dispatcher explained a couple of hours before they had stopped a guy for a traffic stop, he was bloody and by the amount of blood in the car they knew their was a body somewhere, just couldn't charge him without a body.

Boolit Master

I found 6 twenties blowing down the road one day. Another time I found a bill rolled up in a parking lot. It was a hundred. I have found all kinds of tools. Most stuff I find is just junk.

Boolit Buddy
    Not while walking but turned out of the house to go fishing and found a bank bag that was about 2" thick with cash and checks from a fireworks stand. Pulled over, called county deputy and turned it over to them. Only other weird thing was a tupperware canister full of marijuana seeds that we turned over to the state troopers.

Boolit Master
    How about a big, snarly Rottweiler with no chain or collar, behind a daintly, little one foot tall decorative fence?

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast