RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laws on Selling Items to Canucks

Boolit Mold
    Over taxed and under serviced is the name of the game in Canada.
    Very few places in the gun world here give anyone a deal, the majority won't treat you with respect even when you do deal with them.

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    What one has to accept is that all of these new cross border regulations have little to do with protecting their country's security & people, but more with revenue raising for their respective Government tax coffers.

Its the new world.............tax anything they can get away with.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

The U.S. has the stupidest laws in on the planet. Stop imports and exports but invite muslims to come here and go to school on the Americans tax dollars and give them grants to open businesses without paying taxes. They want to ban our guns all while giving jets,tanks and millions of tax payer's dollars to the muslim brotherhood that want to kill us. All the new laws since 911 do nothing to protect anyone in this country it was designed to regulate our freedom as they see fit.

Boolit Bub
    It appears these guys have figured out how to do it by way of having a US division set up to do the exports;
    http://www.irunguns.ca/import-process.php

There are a few companies that offer this service up here. PITA really. The only folks Obama and his dream team hurt are the US retailers and manufacturers.

One can only hope the Republicans get rid of the right wing wackos and put up some candidates middle of the road types can vote for. If not I am afraid we will just see another Democrat of office. Hillary per chance.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

One can only hope the Republicans get rid of the right wing wackos and put up some candidates middle of the road types can vote for.
    Gee, thanks.

Sorry but my sense is the Republicans are doing just that. We can only hope.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Not to get political, but if the last two Republican candidates weren't "moderate" enough, we're in trouble. It's all those dastardly conservative's fault. Those "wacko right-wingers" as some so lovingly refer to us.

Nope but it is the folks in Congress that need a major reality check. It is they who send the message to the voters for the Republicans. The last two Republican presidential candidates were nothing more than cannon fodder for the Demos. Some of the Congress types still think the world is flat and about 8,000 years old. Tuff anchor for the Presidential hopefuls to drag around.

Take Care
    Bob

Boolit Master

Again, nice to know what you think of some of us. Now you're throwing darts at creationists.

One person's crazy wacko idea is another's reasonable perspective, and personally I try to avoid tossing incendiary barbs at other folk's sincerely held beliefs (even if I think they are wacky), especially outside the off-topic section.

I regret my first post in this thread, contributing to thread drift and out-of-place politics. I guess I've just had a rough week and expected different on this forum. I apologize for that and will not be offended if you use your magical moderator powers to make this little exchange go away.

Boolit Mold
    Being from canada, the law states that a lot of items are good to go, and we have no problem bringing them home. I.e, several thousand rounds of loaded ammo per person, or even declared firearms are okay. However, at some of the crossing i frequent, there are US border patrol checkpoints that go over with great detail exactly what the 'non resident aliens' are exporting.

Quote Originally Posted by joecz858 View Post
    Being from canada, the law states that a lot of items are good to go, and we have no problem bringing them home. I.e, several thousand rounds of loaded ammo per person, or even declared firearms are okay. However, at some of the crossing i frequent, there are US border patrol checkpoints that go over with great detail exactly what the 'non resident aliens' are exporting.
    Unfortunately you are correct! The Canadian border service agency is following Canadial protocall to a letter, However. It is not our side of the border that you need worry about! It is US state dept. and Homeland Security that will make your EXIT from the US with such items as loaded ammo and componants or many other firearm related items not so pleasant!!! ( so much for "free trade" ??? )

He made his statement and left....oh well

Bob

Boolit Master
    Yeah Robert, I thought I was on page 1 when I opened the thread and that Canadadex was the original poster..
    Then I finally woke up and saw that I was on pg. 2 and deleted my post..

A lot of our problems with the present U.S. export restrictions stem from the fact that when they came into being by the US Commerce Dept. they asked Canada if they wanted to be exempt as in the past on export restrictions..
    Rock was justice minister then..
    You see the results..

Having said that our present gov. hasn't seen fit to revisit those restrictions and ask for an exemption..
    I wish I could remember my source for the above info to add credibility to it, but heck I have to look at my watch several times a day just to see what day it is..

You are exactly right that is indeed how it came down and I am sure if Harper asked, the US would remove the restriction. That said Canada has not signed the UN Treaty involving the movement of small arms and Obama has and that Treaty restricts certain items from crossing borders with paper work. I suspect the US Commerce Dept would ignore the Treaty if they were asked for an exemption. We are after all the closest ally of the US and I suspect they regard themselves, as they should, our closest ally. To much mixing of the blood over the years for it to be otherwise.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master
    If Obama signed the treaty, did the Senate ratify it? It is just hot air and not law unless the Senate ratifies. (there was an advisory vote that passed rejecting the proposed treaty in September, but Kerry, the Sec. of State was going to sign anyway.)
    There are all sorts of regulations that can be promulgated with the Presidents signature but not a treaty.

By the way, I agree the rules are BS and accomplish nothing but to inconvenience the law abiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    If Obama signed the treaty, did the Senate ratify it? It is just hot air and not law unless the Senate ratifies. (there was an advisory vote that passed rejecting the proposed treaty in September, but Kerry, the Sec. of State was going to sign anyway.)
    There are all sorts of regulations that can be promulgated with the Presidents signature but not a treaty.

By the way, I agree the rules are BS and accomplish nothing but to inconvenience the law abiding.

I haven't followed the story. I just saw where Kerry was making a big deal about how the US was making the world safer by signing on with the treaty. Just a bunch of nonsense really. Does Kerry really believe the CIA or some other government agency wouldn't ship arms to whomever if they thought it was in the Americas interest to do so.

Our problem was we had a Liberal Gov't in power when your Commerce Department drafted the present export rules. Our understanding is Canada was offered an exemption as one wold expect, and a guy by the name of Allan Rock who was our Justice Minister at the time turned the offer down. He was the architect of our stupid gun laws and a confirmed anti gun type.

To answer your question I have no idea. You might want to ask your Senator. The Treaty is just so much feel good **** and will only hurt small retailers in the US as well as continue to make cross border movement of firearms by honest hunters and shooters more difficult. I just don't see how it would affect the criminal element or even terrorists. Somebody bent on blowing up the twin towers isn't going to be to concerned he can't bring a 4x rifle scope into the country without an import permit.

Take Care

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123