Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Good movie with Charles Bronson

Good movie with Charles Bronson

"Death Hunt" pretty good movie with period firearms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_aYUT6FzY
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Master

I'm still trying to figure out how Charles Bronson got out of that cabin without a scratch when Lee Marvin blew it up.
    Last edited by Hickory; 03-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I think almost any movie with Charles Bronson is inspirational.

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

In Remembrance

Ah YES! A much younger Angie Dickinson with a lot less wrinkles than she has now.Robert

Boolit Master
    My favorite Bronson movie is Hard Times. I especially like the Cajun music.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

chato's land is one of my favorites. Well worth the trouble to find. some very good lines.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Ever try running on snow shoes? It makes it even more impressive. Bronson was the real deal.

Boolit Buddy
    Once upon a time in the west. tks ken

Boolit Master

I remember reading once about Bronson when he was acting in a Western (don't know which one) that had a lot of scenes shot in the boonies using a period train. The cast was on site for several days. At the end of each day Bronson would pick up the biggest rock he could find and medicine ball it down the tracks. Then he would go pick it up and do it again, until he was out of sight of the train. He would return to the train in the same manner.

The real deal indeed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Charles Bronson got out of that cabin without a scratch when Lee Marvin blew it up.
    In the real instance (you did know this was based on a true story and Bronson's character was a real person?) he dug a hole in the dirt floor and hid in that from the explosion.

Another interesting fact I discovered recently about Bronson concerns the story of his service in WW11, the often told story of his being a tail gunner on a B29 apparently is not true and he actually was a supply truck driver. Not sure where the tail gunner story started but apparently there is no record of Bronson ever claiming such a thing, until recently I thought it was true.

[EDIT:] Well that didn't take long at all!!! I did a bit of quick checking and it turns out that the obituary description of his service was wrong and the debate about his service record has been settled, he was indeed a tail gunner on B29s of the 20th Army Air Force flying over Japan! Evidently the report debunking Bronson's flying service has itself been debunked!!!!!

Bronson was indeed the real deal and one of my favorite actors
    Last edited by oldred; 03-25-2015 at 08:34 PM.

In Remembrance

Ever hear the story about how "Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy" got his nickname?Robert

Boolit Master

Wasn't this movie based on a guy named Johnson that was from a Scandinavian country that relocated to Alaska. He was kind of a outlaw and then shot a game warden. He sorta lead about 20 LE guys for a long time until he finally was run down and shot because he was weak and exhasted. I read about it in a Saga magazine my dad had when I was a kid. Great frontier story.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    Wasn't this movie based on a guy named Johnson that was from a Scandinavian country that relocated to Alaska. He was kind of a outlaw and then shot a game warden. He sorta lead about 20 LE guys for a long time until he finally was run down and shot because he was weak and exhausted. I read about it in a Saga magazine my dad had when I was a kid. Great frontier story.
    Ole Jack

Did they know for sure that he was actually killed or did they determine he had been wounded and most likely died? I could be wrong but I don't think they ever found a body, or did they?

On Heaven's Range

It was the manhunt for "the mad trapper of Rat River", and it happened in the NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, not Alaska..... i.e.: in Canada.

How did you think all those Royal Canadian Mounted Police personnel got into the movie?

Several RCMP officers were shot before Johnson was killed. The movie is NOT an accurate recounting of the episode. I got disgusted and turned it off half-way through.
    Last edited by BruceB; 03-25-2015 at 09:55 PM.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

I read this last night did a search on Youtube and watched it last night.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post
    I remember reading once about Bronson when he was acting in a Western (don't know which one) that had a lot of scenes shot in the boonies using a period train. The cast was on site for several days. At the end of each day Bronson would pick up the biggest rock he could find and medicine ball it down the tracks. Then he would go pick it up and do it again, until he was out of sight of the train. He would return to the train in the same manner.

The real deal indeed.
    You are probably talking about "Breakheart Pass."

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Did they know for sure that he was actually killed or did they determine he had been wounded and most likely died? I could be wrong but I don't think they ever found a body, or did they?
    As far as I know, the only known picture of Johnson was the one of him shot dead and the body was frozen.

This is probly my favorite Bronson show, though it wasnt very accurate.