Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Finally Got to Cast with my new 429215 Today

Finally Got to Cast with my new 429215 Today

After a couple of decent days the weather turned again and rather than just look out the window and watch it snow I decided to fire up the pot and try out one of my new molds. A while back I got a new Lyman 429215 as well as a 358156 and since a new Marlin 1894 .44 mag just joined the herd I thought I would add to my stock of .44 bullets. Started out casting up some 429421's then after I had a good sized pile of those I scrubbed out the new 429215 and attached some handles and set it on the hot plate to warm up while a new batch of lead melted in the pot. After the mold was warmed up I lubed the sprue plate and the pins and got to casting. From the very start this mold was throwing beautiful bullets and kept doing so until the pot was drained. Other than stopping to let it cool off a little bit and giving my arm a break from hefting that heavy four banger mold, it didn't miss a beat. I couldn't be happier with this one. I hope the .44's all like these and that they shoot as good as they look!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150323_222918_181.jpg   IMG_20150323_222952_322.jpg  
    "We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

Is that a new Lyman four cavity you have? Or a clone ?

429415 is a great shooting bullet in the rifles. Can reach some serious speed with them. I also like them in my revolvers over a 10% reduced load of 2400 or AA #9. About 1,350 from my 6" barrel. About all the recoil I can handle for any distance.
    “AMERICA WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED FROM THE OUTSIDE. IF WE FALTER AND LOSE OUR FREEDOMS, IT WILL BE BECAUSE WE DESTROYED OURSELVES.” President Abraham Lincoln

Gabby, it is a new Lyman Mold. I've now got two rifles and five different revolvers that I hope to give them a workout in. If all goes well, I will be firing up the pot again to knock out a pile of the 358156's as well so that the .357's don't feel left out!
    "We have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."