Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with Midwayusa

I have to say they do have a great website for scoping out a general price or for comparing same product such as die locking nuts from several manufactures. If I want to know the features and relative price (not best price) between say RCBS, Hornady, and Lee for a specific item MidwayUSA is one of the easier sites to find stuff and look through.

I may be able to find a better price elsewhere but I can narrow down which is more expensive and what people think of those features at that price using the Midway site.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I bought a 50 Beowulf barrel for an AR from midway about 5 years ago. I started the build and could not find gas blocks or other parts for them. I called Alexander Arms asking for the parts. They asked "was the barrel marked 50 Beowulf?" In fact it was and I sent them pictures. They offered to trade me a fully built upper for the clandestine 50 Beowulf barrel from midway and a copy of my receipt. I also got 4 boxes of ammo and two T-shirts. One hot minute later, midway changed the designation to 50x45 or something like that.
    Use your imagination as to what happened.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by x101airborne View Post
    I bought a 50 Beowulf barrel for an AR from midway about 5 years ago. I started the build and could not find gas blocks or other parts for them. I called Alexander Arms asking for the parts. They asked "was the barrel marked 50 Beowulf?" In fact it was and I sent them pictures. They offered to trade me a fully built upper for the clandestine 50 Beowulf barrel from midway and a copy of my receipt. I also got 4 boxes of ammo and two T-shirts. One hot minute later, midway changed the designation to 50x45 or something like that.
    Use your imagination as to what happened.
    Love it!!!!! Lol!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    They simply denied my ever having posted a review. This review was favorable as far as the product itself and I was polite and to the point, I then stated that I could only give it one "star" due to the tiny amount of product in the half filled jar and this jar was only a tiny 1 oz jar to begin with. The size was clearly stated and I felt that $13 for such a small amount was acceptable but then I find this tiny jar to be half filled, I was not really upset over such a trivial thing although I felt it to be a bit dishonest because there simply is no way that stuff is expensive to produce and you have to admit $13 for a thimble full of the product is being kind of stingy! So when I rated the stuff there was another review who also was miffed a bit at the half empty jar so I wanted to make sure anyone who reads the reviews would be aware that they can expect very little product for the money, although abiding by the rules I did not talk about money only the amount of the product received. I didn't get upset over the product itself, I got upset when my review and the other one letting people know about the short filled jars got deleted and then they denied I even submitted the review! They DO doctor those reviews and that's what I got upset over not the small amount of an otherwise good product, the bottom line is that most people who saw that (and the other) review probably would not spend the $13 for such a small amount and who can blame them? Instead of Midway addressing the problem they tried to hide the information and then denied I even submitted it when they got called out on it! Now mysteriously this product has been discontinued even with rave reviews, could it be there were a lot of complaints of half empty bottles? If they did this with such an insignificant instance as this one what else would they hide? For this trivial amount of money it's not really important but what about someone buying expensive optics or electronics for instance? That's what had me ticked off not the fact I paid $13 for a thimble full of inletting black!
    Yeah, that kinda blows, no two ways about it.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Larry was talking about turkey hunting the other day, so I guess he's still around.

Perma-Banned

I used to buy from Midway, almost, exclusively...but for a number of reasons, in the last 3yrs I have only used them to look up items that I ultimately buy somewhere else. And, I don't really see myself going back to them.

They are better than they were a few years back but there is still room for improvement. The reason I quit ordering from them was shipping cost and generally 1/2 of what I wanted was on back order. I recently ordered from them again and shipping was reasonable. However the order was not processed till the 3rd day and arrived in 10... Not all that bad but I have received stuff shipped from china in 1/2 that time........

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe it's because of my younger age. But I compare prices across all vendors. I never limit myself to one company. Yeah, it takes more time. And if I'm only buying one or two items I don't always do it. Midway seems to get larger orders from me because they have all of what I want in stock. W/ Amazon carrying more products every day they get more of my business. Hard to beat free two day shipping. They were $4 more on a set of dies but after Titan's shipping charges it came out to more money.

You really want to not find everything you want in stock. Start building an AR. And w/ stock constantly changing it's an ever evolving game :laugh:

Boolit Grand Master

No need to get aggravated. I open several tabs at once. Natchez, Midway, MidSouth.. and place identical items in each basket to see who has it in stock and who is cheaper
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Same thing with Brownells, shows in stock when you place your order, someone a few clicks ahead of you gets the ONE that was in stock and you are "backordered". Just have to have patience with suppliers, I believe they are doing the best they can. Just my 2 cents.

rmcc

I have noticed in the rush to purchase powder that some sites online stores remove the product from stock when placed in basket, others not until the purchase is finalized at checkout. Easy on a high demand item to lose the race to check out. Don't ask how I know that little detail *cough* unique *cough* backordered *cough*
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Also keep in mind that he sold off most of the folks that make many of the items he offers for sale....Bad Water Bill

Excellent point. As some people know he used to own several brands and he sold them on his site and to other distributors. I've noticed many of these brands were sold off, not clear on all the details or the implications but things have changed.
    In Larry's business you're dependent on your vendors and buyers and if they aren't on top of things shelves are empty and orders go unfilled.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwbolts View Post
    As someone that helps run a small business, I can say first hand that the world economy is Greatly Stressed.

THE LANGUAGE I WOULD LIKE TO USE TO DESCIBE THE WORLD ECONOMY WOULD GET BE BANNED.

IMHO, unless someone has their head buried in sand, it should be very self evident why companies are keeping minimum stock on hand.

Ken
    There is something more to it than simply the economy. The old expression "it is hard to sell from an empty cart" is very true. I doubt Midway's lack of inventory is by choice. More likely the cause is the "phone and pen" of our comrade-in-chief through such federal policies as Operation Choke Point currently being investigated by Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Col4570 View Post
    I see that Midway UK business has been taken over by Brownells and has a new Web Site.
    Yes, the same situation in EVERY European country that used to have Midway. Midway stopped all activities outside North-America and the local businesses made a deal with Brownells. (I heard that Brownells was looking for a way to come to Europe and they found a chain of " soon to be ex-midway" companies with nothing to do..)

For me it did not change a thing. Midway Finland was so expensive that it's ridiculous. Almost double the prices compared to some other companies. Brownells Finland seems to be the same.

Boolit Buddy

Just ordered from Midway. They shipped fast. One of the parts I ordered came broken. Called them and free part is on its way. I have no problems with them.

Ok, Now I have to point out that you Americans should not complain. You have lot's of companies providing what you need and take a look at the Price we have suffer with this new international Brownells..

America: 26 dollars and change
    http://www.brownells.com/reloading/b...prod42798.aspx

Europe: 50 euros!!
    http://www.brownells.fi/epages/Suomi...ucts/100020186

I truely miss the possibility to order from the original Midway and Brownells..

And now it is 55 euros! A nice 10 % increase in 2 weeks..

Just unbelievable.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a bunch of components from Midway. Every vendor dealing with firearm related items is having inventory issues. I will continue to purchase from them.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Master
    Given the choice of ordering from Midway or Amazon I will always take Midway. Midway supports the shooting sports, Amazon is only about profit.

Boolit Bub
    I use to buy most everything from Midwayusa but they will not get another penny. A couple years ago they had Winchester 22lr for sale and I ordered 10 boxes (3,333 rds) of course it was back-ordered. Every so often they would send a e-mail saying to make sure credit card was current. Than one day they canceled my order. When I call to find out why. They said I ordered the 22 ammo on 2013 price and they could not buy and ship to me as they would lose money.
    I do understand but it is not my fault, and I bet a lot of other people are just like me.
    I know my business will not hurt them but I will do without or pay more but they will not get another penny from me.
    Dale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast