Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Noe 311365

Boolit Master

Noe 311365

Is anyone shooting this boolit? I am thinking of this for shooting in my .30-06 and possibly in my .308's. I have several other NOE moulds in mind as well, this is just one that looks interestng to me.

Thanks

Boolit Master
    This bullet has been one of my least accurate .30 cal. bullets in all my .30s including 2 custom BR rifles chambered in .300 Whisper and .30 BR., an accurate Rem. 700 varmint in .308, and an accurate RUGER #1 in 30/06. Far more accurate has been 311041, LBT 160 gr. , Eagan MX-3, 311284, 311644, etc. I have prolly over 30 molds for the .30 cals. and this has been my least accurate.

Boolit Master
    Accuracy falls off, the faster you push it. I use this boolit, because it feeds so well, in my AR-10. NOE's 311414 (150 SP) is a little better in the accuracy department and feeds just as well.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the information.

It doesn't do bad in my Krag, approaching 2100fps with slow powders. I have some squished down so that they'll throat up in my K31 with the check at the neck/shoulder junction, I'll have to try them in it. But first, I have to empty some brass that's loaded with another bullet. I plan on doing that on the 29th, my first highpower match of the year. I'm going the low recoil route with a 168gr at 2000fps.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

I have one and so far the results have been underwhelming. I load it over 16 grains of 2400 for an '03A3 and get 5 shot groups just over an inch at 50 yards on a good day. As winelover says it does better when speeds are kept down. I am going to try some powder coated instead of lubed with Ben's Red. I bought it because I like the way it looked and to be fair I don't know much the stock aperture sights are limiting me.

Banned

I personally find it to be a very accurate bullet in my 30-06.

that's 5 shots. I havn't saved any targets farther out than 50 yds, I usually just shoot them up pretty bad with off hand practice.

Boolit Master
    That's not bad at all!

Boolit Master
    I bought one in 314365 to use in my mosins--the boolit tapers from the ogive to .309-.310 ahead of the 314-315 driving bands(depending on alloy). I went with the 365 because I hoped to be able to seat it contacting the lands which I am unable to do with the 299 boolits I have been using.

The "bore riding" portion needs to be sized down a bit to get a good fit. I sized some to .303 but I think I need to go to .304".

A friend is working with a 311365 in his 11 twist 30BR and having promising results.

For myself the jury is still out on the 365.

Boolit Master

It is very accurate in my Finnish Mosin. Shot the long range silhouette bolt match with it and did exceptionally well all the way out to the 600 yard line. Had most of the range impressed that I could consistently knock over rams using cast bullets. The magic number for my rifle is 20 grains 2400...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	147987692.fajUYiDg.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	134944

Boolit Master
    It's a good performer in my 300 blackout.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

I had wanted one of these moulds because I thought a heavy spitzer would be the right buy. I've been trying to contact NOE since december, and I think they just ignore emails but one day a month ago I get a reply. Guy tells me they're going to do a run of these 311365's, pulls a date out of his system. Date was last year. There are no runs scheduled for 2015. And apparently this isn't even a good boolit for anything faster than 1800 fps. So I'm looking for another spitzer mould now. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a nose-pour without any lube grooves for a heavy PC spitzer.

I cant speak for the NOE but my original( the sample mold for NOE) shoots well in my Old Ruger 308V and 1-12 Twist 40X in 30 BR.I shoot it at 1900 in hte 30BR and 1600 in the 308.Both rifles are throated with a .3095 1.5 taper run out about .075
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    I've had absolutely zero problems corresponding with Swede Nelson--in fact it's rarely more than a day goes by w/out a response.

Both my 314365 and my buddy's 311 version were purchased in the last couple of months.

They both are listed in the online catalog.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I had wanted one of these moulds because I thought a heavy spitzer would be the right buy. I've been trying to contact NOE since december, and I think they just ignore emails but one day a month ago I get a reply. Guy tells me they're going to do a run of these 311365's, pulls a date out of his system. Date was last year. There are no runs scheduled for 2015. And apparently this isn't even a good boolit for anything faster than 1800 fps. So I'm looking for another spitzer mould now. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a nose-pour without any lube grooves for a heavy PC spitzer.
    are you sure it's NOE and not NEI?

NEI sounds like the place you'd call or send an email to and never hear back from.