Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: A little easier this time .....

A little easier this time .....

Picked up where I left off a while back ...
    Been helping a friend process his "boat keel" for his reloading shop lead supply.
    Last time it truly was a labor of love .. bars in the 200 lb range give or take ,one was 250 this time.
    Link to previous thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-a-little-bit
    This time had some help as in the forklift version ....
    finished up today with something over 600 lbs done.
    Attachment 135457Attachment 135458
    pics show part of it before help started loading it up as I was still pouring.
    Also this time ,had a table , made all the difference in the world !
    Fun way to spend a Sunday !
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Master

The second time around is normally easier for everyone. That fork lift sure helped keep your back straight.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Fork lift, engine puller or something because it is sooo hard to shoot from traction when the back goes out. I should NOT check the boat yards around here NO I should not. No No No! But I bet I do. That nice haul of yours has me thinking jealous thoughts.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

How true fellas ! .... after a certain point in the process .. one thinks , "there has to be a better way"
    The forklift is his as it was available the first time but it was "try outs" then.
    Attachment 135535

For the most part ..as you are thinking about it RogerDat , for most of us , a one time score on a boat keel would be all we would need .
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    How true fellas ! .... after a certain point in the process .. one thinks , "there has to be a better way"
    The forklift is his as it was available the first time but it was "try outs" then......

For the most part ..as you are thinking about it RogerDat , for most of us , a one time score on a boat keel would be all we would need .
    Yes but the boat keel would be too much plain for the on hand supply of alloys to make it usable so alloy hunting I would go.... eventually finding a big pile of something good that would leave me just a little short on soft lead.... and so it goes. About the only cure would be if someone showed up with at least a ton load that was a mix of plain, 94/3/3, hardball and just enough tin, lino, and antimonial lead that sorting it would keep me off the streets for a good long while.

I'm waiting for offers...... anytime now..... I can be home to help most weekends?

I got it so bad now that with a couple of buckets of printers lead to sort through I still stopped at the salvation army (might be something really good there) and bought a 95 cent picture frame that is no more than 1/4 lb. of pewter (not a great price for tin but ok, don't want to waste it). Like I said a disease, an addiction, living proof that too much is almost enough.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat