Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" addition !

Boolit Master

"New" addition !

I acquired a new to me Parker EH grade 10 gauge circa 1889 to my accumulation last week !

Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    The guns on a #2 frame which is about as small a frame as they regularly made a 10 gauge . Gun has 30" Damascus barrels choked modified and improved modified . I shot a round of skeet with it last week for the first time and managed an acceptable 22 of 25 . I also tried it on the pattern board with my handloaded #0 Buck loads and it did wonderfully at 25 yards from both barrels .
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 03-21-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Boolit Master
    My trio of Parker double 10's !

At the top the circa 1889 EH #2 frame , in the middle my Grade 2 #3 frame top lever hammer gun circa 1884 and the one on the bottom my circa 1882 Grade 2 #3 frame lifter hammer gun !

Shot skeet last Wednesday with the top lever and broke 23 of 25 that ones choked IC/M with 32" barrels . I also patterned the lifter gun Wednesday with my handloaded #0 Buck loads and it shot some really really tight patterns at 25 yards from both barrels . This one is 30" IC/M as well .

Boolit Master
    In the trio pics all but the last were taken with an I Phone 6 and the last with my ten year old Nikon Coolpix digicam . I actually think the phone takes better pics .

If my memory serves the pics in the first post were taken with the IP 6 as well .

Boolit Master
    That old 1889 gun had two slight issues when I first got it . One being a dent in the right barrel that was slightly visible on the inside and the other being a slightly buggered screw on the floorplate right in front the trigger guard .

I straightened out the dent yesterday using a friends barrel dent puller yesterday . It's still visible on the outside but imperceptible on the inside . The screw I'll have to deal with , if only one screw on the whole gun is buggered so be it .

I plan on loading some more shells this weekend so I can shoot a round of skeet and a round of trap with the EH next Wednesday . But this time I wanna try 1 1/8 ounce loads instead of my normal 1 1/4 ounce loads . Change the bushing and add an additional undershot card wad and it oughtta be good .

Boolit Master

10 Gauge

Nice pictures of Great shotguns. I have always liked the 10 gauge, had one of the imports from (Spain) had lots of fun with it. wish I still had it. congrats on your new one!

Boolit Master
    Nice Parkers ! I go for smaller myself but that is a beauiful collection. You should watch for the Vintage Skeet shoots, lots of nice doubles show up on the fields actually being shot. There should be several shoots near you. Just got back for the Vintage World at Gator Trap and Skeet in Florida. A grand time had by all
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Niiiice!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Nice Parkers ! I go for smaller myself but that is a beauiful collection. You should watch for the Vintage Skeet shoots, lots of nice doubles show up on the fields actually being shot. There should be several shoots near you. Just got back for the Vintage World at Gator Trap and Skeet in Florida. A grand time had by all
    I have 20 gauge Parker andFox guns . 16's as well !

Boolit Master

Very nice.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

To me, the best thing about you 10ga sxs is they are still good shooters and not wall hangers. This speaks volumes about the craftsmen at Parker and the care given your guns by yourself and the previous owners.

BB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    To me, the best thing about you 10ga sxs is they are still good shooters and not wall hangers. This speaks volumes about the craftsmen at Parker and the care given your guns by yourself and the previous owners.

BB
    That EH gun was made the first full year of production for a hammerless Parker in 1889 . That gun is in really good condition other then the two small things I mentioned earlier . But I've had that gun maybe 10 days at the most .

Boolit Master

One of the best,I have this friend that shoots one.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Moderator Emeritus

Sweet!! True workmanship and quality standing the test of time.

Boolit Master
    I've killed deer akready with the 1884 top lever hammergun shooting hand loaded buckshot . This coming season I hop to do the same with the 1882 lifter gun and the EH . That EH will also be my main goose gun hence forth or atleast until I get another EH on a #3 frame with 32" F/F barrels . Just hate spending the money for Bismuth shot to reload for the geese .

Boolit Master
    Saw this shell on Gunbroker and decided to get it !

Boolit Master
    Went out today and shot one round of skeet and one round of trap with the EH ended up with a combined 45 of 50 . That unto itself isn't that great until one realizes I was pulling for myself by stepping on the pickle .

Also tried it on the pattern board with handloaded 000 and 00 Buck . This old gun seems to like my buckshot handloads !

Boolit Master
    Made a deal last week for a circa 1912 Parker VH 12 gauge on a #2 frame with 32" full and fuller chocked barrels . This I hope will be a good gun for the side by side event at the VA State Trap Shoot this year . Gun also has an english straight grip stock and sad to say two pins in the wrist area .

The pics I posted are from the GB auction .

Boolit Master
    According to the UPS tracking number the gun should be in my hands tommorrow before lunch !

Boolit Master
    Nice find! Too bad about the "professional repair", suspect that was what the add said
    Do you shoot the vintage skeet events also? Gainsville Fla. next March, and they have a bunker too, opps make that trench!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast