16 13.56%
  • 2 Yawns

7 5.93%
  • 3 Yawns

68 57.63%
  • Other

14 11.86%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What do you think about Glock's new G43 compact 9mm?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    In a pistol of this size I actually prefer a .32 or .380. Planning to add a 42 to the battery this year.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I could gets lots more excited about a 3", bird head grip Ruger Vaquero with case colored frame and blued finish in. 38-40 Winchester with an extra .40 S&W cylinder!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Banned

I had a 4-5/8th's vaquero version of that.
    I let my dad talk me out of it since he had the one numbered right before it.

Banned
    If we're going to talk about wish lists, I want a reduced sized Ruger GP-100 that has the lockwork of the current GP-100, a half lug 4" barrel but the overall size of the Security-Six OR a 5 shot GP-100 in 44 Special.

Boolit Bub

What?! Say it isn't so, Glock is making a single stack 9mm....ok I'll go with E.

Although I'd take it over the Glock 42, the 43 just doesn't do a lot for me. For the size of the gun, I would probably opt for a Colt Commander.

While I really like my G19 for EDC, the 43 will be a lot nicer for certain clothes and times. I'll be buying the G43, but also keeping my G19. I had the Kahr CW9, it was nice, but I think the Glock will be that much nicer.

Petrol and Powder, agree 100%!! The lack of a six shot .38 that doesn't weigh a ton has been a huge hole in Ruger's lineup for decades. Until then I'll just keep enjoying my 1988 Service Six.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Love Life
    That sweet CZ RAMI 4.0 I bought from ThompsonCustom is about perfect. 10 rds 9mm, sleek, compact. What more could a man ask for? BAMCIS.

Boolit Master

I fondled a 42 in the LGS a few weeks ago and was impressed. At the time, I said "if only it was 9mm..." I would have bought it on the spot then. I hereby withhold my vote until I can actually touch one given the larger dimensions.

I bought the LC9c for the wife and really like it. She shoots it well too.

Yawn. Ruger beat them to it. With the advent of the LC9s and 9s Pro, there is no need for the Glock. Bigger, fatter, more expensive and one less round? No thanks. Oh, and I am a Glock fan.

As nice as the Ruger LC9S is I would rather have a Glock 43 or Springfield XDS as the latter two are a downsized version of a longstanding proven design.

I do like my Glocks, my most common carry pistols are a 19 and a 26. I will probably buy the new one just to try it out. I've resisted buying any of the other manufacturers single stack plastic pistols, so I'm glad Glock finally went for it!

Boolit Master

Looks to be similar in size to my G36 and that is 6+1.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nise View Post
    it's variety, love it or hate it, people will buy it. I'm curious though, why does glock like their slides to be like BRICKS! would a lil bit of ergo designing kill em?
    Probably costs less to make...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    If we're going to talk about wish lists, I want a reduced sized Ruger GP-100 that has the lockwork of the current GP-100, a half lug 4" barrel but the overall size of the Security-Six OR a 5 shot GP-100 in 44 Special.
    +2 on that!
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I would far prefer the xds in 9mm than this glock thing..
    Using Tapatalk

I understand the 9mm is a viable defensive round if you use solid defensive ammunition but with the Glock 26, which is not much bigger, you have 10+1 capacity.
    I always looked at the advantage of the 9mm was capacity. To reduce capacity to 6+1 I think I would opt for a Colt OACP in .45 Auto or a snubnose revolver in .44 Special such as the Bulldog.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Man
    Three yawns. I have spent the last 4 years trying to come up with a slim trim 9mm that I could shoot well in order to upgrade from the .380 I had been carrying for several years. I owned and discarded the polymer kahr(uncontrollable), the lc9(worst trigger on a pistol I have fired EVER), Sig p290rs(problem child from the word go, constant light primer strikes even after multiple spring and firing pin changes). Shot a friends all steel kahr(awesome pistol but i have never found one for sale). Same friend let me shoot ans astra m75 (another truly awesome shooting pistol, good freakin luck finding one) and then a cop buddy let me shoot his S&W shield. SOLD. Had one two days later. 8+1 capacity and I can shoot it as well as any other pistol I own.(Except for my cz pcr with cajun gunworks trigger). And it shoots cast without all the extra tinkering my glocks take cause of the weird rifling.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I like my g19, but since the g43 won't use my g17/19/18 mags, I have no reason to buy this gun. The LC9spro is gonna be my next single stack-thinner, lighter, more ammo, super nice trigger, cheaper.

So I guess maybe one yawn for the g43, three or four years too late.... Not thin enough, not enough capacity, still expensive. Ya know, it's kinda like Harley- make what they want, when they want and charge too much for an inferior product when there is lots of competition.

Hehehe gonna go duck and cover now lol

G19 for cooler weather, lc9s pro for warm, might still buy a g20 though

Boolit Buddy
    Another Glock?

Enough said.