Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2PBcastco
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Need a price check for Lyman RB molds

Need a price check for Lyman RB molds

Just need a quick price check for single cavity/ double cavity round ball molds. What they would actually sell for? I know midway has them at $72 but I can't imagine asking or getting more than $30 out of a single cav mold? or am i off here? is there a demand for round ball molds still? I have a line on a bunch in great condition and I only want a few but I have to take the lot.

Any help would be appreciated.
    My firearms project blog

There are a couple in S&S right now, 20$ shipped.

heh I feel silly I did look through there and didn't see them. thanks.
    My firearms project blog

bhn22
    It depends a lot on the diameter. Some roundball moulds bring decent money, like .735 for instance, which is of course, 12 gauge. Those never seem to be around when you really want one.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    + 1 to what bhn22 states . . all depends on the caliber. And if all depends on where your trying to peddle it. Certain sizes appeal to C & B revolver shooters . . certain sizes for various ML rifle shooters . . certain sizes for shotgunners. I sold a couple of .310 molds a while back that a guy wanted to cast buckshot in. Any other time it would be used for a .32 cal. And . . it all depends on the timing of it . . if you find someone who needs the size you have. I have cast for 50+ years and a lot of it has been RB for muzzleloaders and C & B revolvers. I have never purchased a new mold for any of them. I like Lyman molds or better yet, older Ideal molds . . . but no way am I going to drop $70 on a RB mold. Especially if I don't shoot a whole lot of them and a $20 Lee mold will do the same job.

I'm with you on the $30 for a used Lyman or similar RB mold. I don't think I've ever paid more than that for a like new used one. Last year, I had some Lyman SC and DC RB molds that I don't use any more - put 'em up at $30 ea and never got a bite on them. Several were fairly popular sizes - .350 for .36 cal and a .375 usually used in a .36 C & B. I had ended up with duplicates through trades, buying boxes of stuff, etc. - neither one of those got a bite so they went back into my mold storage box. I ended up giving one away to a fellow who was trying to get started shooting BP revolver on a budget.

You just never know . . if you have some to sell . . . put a what you think is a fair price on them and you can always take offers on them. I'm seeing a lot of RB molds on flea bay that seem to get resisted a number of times and they are priced at what I consider reasonable.

MidSouth has them for a little less $. RCBS seams to be real proud of a RB mold for some reason.

In the smaller diameters. Where double cavity molds are available. Single cavity won't bring much from me.
    “AMERICA WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED FROM THE OUTSIDE. IF WE FALTER AND LOSE OUR FREEDOMS, IT WILL BE BECAUSE WE DESTROYED OURSELVES.” President Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    eBay under Ideal & Lyman molds has the lower prices for RB molds ... they are not popular thus the lower prices
    Regards
    John