RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise hereTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packaging Secrets of Success

The zip lock baggies needed an outer wrapper. The free tyvek envelopes from post office work well, or even double bagged in the grocery bags used as padding. Something that prevents a crushed box from leaking the contents. I also can't help but notice the absence of fiber tape along the corners and edges. Not wrapped in clear plastic box tape either. My guess is any two of these three would have prevented the situation.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

I shipped some third member corvette rearends. I wrapped it in a trash bag then sat it in the heavy guage cardboard box i built. Setting it on a bed of used Styrofoam from the same place I found the card board. I sprayed cracks and gaps then add more pieces of Styrofoam them more cracks and gaps it makes a bonded cacoon surrounding the 85 lbs of third member. Works really well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Here's a couple of pictures of what not to do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	As Delivered.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	218303

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What's Inside.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	218302

Box far too big for contents, "stuffing" was 2 to 4 air-pillows which didn't survive long, and the box wasn't taped all around, leaving gaps at the ends under the flaps (why there's only one bullet loose in the box though the plastic bag was open at the end?). Haven't weighed to see if somehow I lucked out and got all the bullets.
    Last edited by Ed in North Texas; 04-13-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member

For the past several years when I ship something I pack it tightly with wood pellets that I use for heating my home and tape the outside liberally. So far no complaints.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12