RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended online gun shops

Boolit Master

Davidsons ( gallery of guns.com ) is a source i have used many times ! they compair the discount price of shops in your 25 mile radis and displays there prices.
    in my 25 mile area i usually have 6 or more stores with price quoats. you can go up to 100 miles on the dealer search.

Boolit Master

I have had no issues with Bud's for new guns. Gunbroker for used.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Grand Master

When I have something specific that I want I order it through my LGS. I don't mind giving them the business.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

Davidson's and you get to use one of the local gun stores. Painless and additional lifetime guarantee from Davidson's

Boolit Master

A friend of mine bought two pistols recently, one from CDNN and one from Bud's. CDNN shipped the day he ordered it, Bud's waited about ten days before shipping.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Grand Master

Bud's has two payment options. They offer a cash discount. Doing it that way has always been slow for me. When I use a CC shipping has never been slower than the next day. Other than slow shipping when I send in a MO I have had zero issues with Bud's

Looking at guns online. How can an out of state dealer charge sales tax? Gallery of guns adds sales tax. They are in Arizona and I am in Pa. I was under the impression that anything bought out of state is not taxed.

Banned

If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.

[QUOTE=jmort;3175974]If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.[/QUO

My FFL dealer said that I should not have to pay sales tax on an out of state purchase. Just doesnt make sense to me I guess.

Banned

I agree, makes no sense. I would just bottom line it, it it makes sense $$$ wise then it really does not matter what is included, only the bottom line matters.

Boolit Grand Master

Recommended online gun shops

Quote Originally Posted by vmathias View Post
    My FFL dealer said that I should not have to pay sales tax on an out of state purchase. Just doesnt make sense to me I guess.
    Your dealer is lying to you. You are supposed to claim all out of state purchases, specifically worded as online purchases, on your taxes. This is a specific line item when you file your PA state taxes.

PA is the reason that a lot of online retailers started charging sales tax for out of state sales. They realized how much they were losing and went after them. This applies to out of state companies that have a physical presence in the state. In Amazon's case they have a distribution center. A small company can get away w/ not charging you sales tax but the larger companies can not.

Wether you claim out of state purchases or not is up to you. We all know the vast majority don't. In your case Davidson's might have an office in PA which is why they have to collect sales tax. Or they just don't want PA coming after them.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 03-12-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Your dealer lying to you. You are supposed to claim all out of state purchases, specifically worded as online purchases, on your taxes. This is a specific line item when you file your PA state taxes.

PA is the reason that a lot of online retailers started charging sales tax for out of state sales. They realized how much they were losing and went after them. This applies to out of state companies that have a physical presence in the state. In Amazon's case they have a distribution center. A small company can get away w/ not charging you sales tax but the larger companies can not.

Wether you claim out of state purchases or not is up to you. We all know the vast majority don't. In your case Davidson's might have an office in PA which is why they have to collect sales tax. Or they just don't want PA coming after them.
    Ah...

Boolit Master
    Bud's is a little slow on orders but no other problems. But then I just go pick them up there so I get to inspect them at pickup.

My FFL found one and ordered. Cannot wait to start working up some cast hunting loads for it.

Boolit Master
    Cherry's Gun Shop in North Carolina. Just type in Cherry's gun shop, it should come up.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=vmathias;3175980]
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    If there is a sales tax, you only pay it once. I live in CA and I pay sales tax with Amazon and many other online retailers who have operations here. Whatever state the online business is located, typically you pay tax if you live in that state as well. If Davidson's is collecting the sales tax, then it is paid to the state where you live. That is a downside, but I get dinged for sales tax on Gun Broker purchases when I go to my FFL and the FFL adds sales tax. I am all for avoiding sales taxes if that is possible.[/QUO

Varies state to state. Texas has toyed around with the idea of charging sales tax for items bought out of state via on line.

Banned

Ordered a Blackhawk from Bud's on Saturday. Picked it up at my FFL Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by bowenrd View Post
    Bud's Guns
    I'll second Buds. Just bought a RIA 1911 thru the store. Wasn't as fast as some on line stores, but there was a couple of days of bad weather in the area that slowed them down a but. I used cc and paid extra, don't feel comfortable with bank info andfirst time buyer. Good emails confirming stages. And good price. Line up LGS that will handle ffl exchange for reasonable fee,

J

Galley of guns is a wholesaler, they are selling the dealer the gun, NOT you. You pay Your state sales tax as it is an instate transacted, not just a ffl transfer. Gog will be more expensive than most out of state sales because of this.