RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on Ben's Liquid Lube and the making of Ben's Red Bullet lube.

Banned

I think you opted for the best solution. Any further advancements/creations will make for a really long signature line.

Banned

Ben, I am looking for a new computer. Can you please provide me with some information on how to select the best one for my application? If you could provide me with links to reviews of each of the ones that you think are good ones that would be great!

Boolit Grand Master
    Too much fun !

Boolit Buddy
    Good solution hopefully I think it should be a locked sticky that you can add to as seen fit but with out all the variations to the recipe questions on where to get ingredients and such thats where it gets confusing for people especially newer ones

Boolit Grand Master

Ben, Havent found the time to cook up a batch of your lube, but have become hooked on your Liquid Lube. Have been using it over Lars BAC and it works like a bandit and have nice mirror bores and excellent accuracy in handgun fodder. Will have to try it on rifle blts next. Great discovery, and thanks for sharing it wit us in the great unwashed population.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Grand Master
    1Shirt :

You're more than welcome.

You'll find Ben's LL to work just as well on rifle cast bullets as an " over coat " lube, particularly on the bore riders.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 03-07-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Looking forward to trying it on rifle blts Ben!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Ben some say that if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime.
    I agree to a point but also understand that some refuse to learn to fish but still want to treat for a lifetime. At some point you need to let them starve if they refuse to fish.
    Let`s see if I remember how that fishing lesson went?

1. Light dynamite fuse.

2. Throw the 1/2 stick far out into the lake and get down!

3. Scoop up stunned fish with net.

Robert

Boolit Master

BLL the perfect rimfire ammo saver

Last edited by oley55; 03-08-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Ben, I know this is an old post, But wanted to say that I tried your BLL on some old boolits (358 with 15 yr. lube, unknown) and Best of all things---I followed your instructions. the hardest was finding the darn ketchup bottle, but finally did. that lube worked Beautifully and sure does keep the unknown blue lube in the grooves and to top it off, it's not sticky at all. I can hold several in my hand and they are non sticky and roll around easily. Thank You very much! love your pictures and photo's all so. God Bless to you and yours.

Goofy aka Godfrey
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Grand Master
    Goofy ,

And my same best wishes to you.
    So glad that you like the lube.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 05-20-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I am contemplating on mixing a batch of Bens Red. I visited the website for the lucas red and tacky, so that I might find out what it is composed of. There is a MSDS sheet available, and if I understand it correctly, it can prove to be a bad eye and skin irritant.
    Has anyone had any adverse reaction to using red and tacky, especially at indoor ranges? http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...f5d7a70863.pdf
    The MSDS varies on the amount of info depending on where and which Msds sheet is provided
    Last edited by Bird; 05-25-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: making an addition

I don't have any idea what's in the Red n Tacky, but i grease equipment with it everyday and have been shooting Ben's Red lube for over 2 years and have never had any kind of skin or eye problems.
    My local Auto Zone sells a ton of it as folks here use it to grease everything from tractors and bulldozers to bicycle chains. Never heard of any problems, but i do wash up after using ANY grease or handling lead. I've lubed and shot thousands of boolits with Ben's Red with ZERO problems. Lol i do get good groups though!!

Can't speak for indoor ranges, but i'd be more concerned about lead dust build up there.
    Just my 2 cents on it.

Boolit Master

bird---any grease is an eye irritant, simple fix is to not put it in your eye.

got everything assembled to make my first batch of ben's red, just going over threads again before I start. some of us do listen or at least try, thanks and here's an advance "sorry" for when I ask you a stuipid question later ben.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post

got everything assembled to make my first batch of ben's red, just going over threads again before I start. some of us do listen or at least try, thanks and here's an advance "sorry" for when I ask you a stuipid question later ben.
    During the last few visits to the range, my eyes have become a little sensitive to the smoke from burnt powder if there is a slight headwind. I was wondering if any lube vapor under the same conditions would exacerbate the problem.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've shot Ben's Red outside ( never inside ) with every kind of cross wind imaginable. Never noticed any problems with it as to being a possible eye irritant.

Ben

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post

just going over threads again before I start. some of us do listen or at least try,

Thanks ,
    Ben

Boolit Master

ok ben so I made my first batch of bens red, now for the stupid question I already apoligized for. turned out looking really good, everything mixed well, no lumps, set up nice, came out of the mold nice, and feels like some of the store bought that I have. only thing that concerns me is that you can still smell a faint petroleum smell. heated and mixed for probably a good hour in a slow cooker, everything was melted and the mix was bubbling around the edges. is the faint smell normal or do I need to let it cook a little longer. thanks for all you do for this forum and please keep helping even if you want to beet your head against a wall sometimes.

Boolit Grand Master
    Normal , shoot it ! !

Many thanks,

Ben

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Ben some say that if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats for a lifetime.
    In redneck speak he will not eat for a lifetime but will sit in a boat drinking beer.

Ben I feel for you I learned from reading your posts Thanks You helped me heavily without being pestered by me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast