RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot find the Ruger Blackhawk 45LC

Cannot find the Ruger Blackhawk 45LC

I have called MULTIPLE dealers in the area and am told the same thing. They have checked with their distributors but cannot locate any Ruger 45 LC's. The distributors all stated the same thing. They had no idea when they would be getting any. A few of the dealers have the 357.

Boolit Man
    I was just on Budsgunshop web site and they list two 45lc Blackhawk and two convertible 45acp-45lc Blackhawks
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

Boolit Master

Lots of them on gunbroker

Quote Originally Posted by Billairgun View Post
    I was just on Budsgunshop web site and they list two 45lc Blackhawk and two convertible 45acp-45lc Blackhawks
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php
    Not a fan of Buds. Thanks for the info though.

Banned

They are available online. What I dont like is the fact that I cannot inspect the gun. Many sellers will not take returns once bought. I am anal about looking things over before buying. Especially at those prices.

Boolit Buddy
    With Gunbroker you get 3 days to inspect if you don't shoot. I just bought one of the Lipsey/Ruger Bisley 44 mags and can't wait to hold it and get some trigger time.

Vendor Sponsor

I would deal with a gunbroker dealer that allowed a 3 day inspection, that's about 71.5hrs longer than you get in a shop!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vmathias View Post
    They are available online. What I dont like is the fact that I cannot inspect the gun. Many sellers will not take returns once bought. I am anal about looking things over before buying. Especially at those prices.
    I'll never buy another revolver without inspecting it. I bought a 44Mag Hunter a couple months back. I looked at 2 or 3 in the local stores and all were fitted rather well and had tight cylinder/barrel tolerances. Thought maybe it was the way things were these days.

I ordered one thru my local pusher. It had pins about .050 too long on one side. I can fix that when the new wears off, but the cylinder gap was about .008-.009. It's ok, but sure not like what I saw in the stores. Wished I'd paid the extra $100 for one of the in store units.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Quote Originally Posted by telebasher View Post
    With Gunbroker you get 3 days to inspect if you don't shoot. I just bought one of the Lipsey/Ruger Bisley 44 mags and can't wait to hold it and get some trigger time.
    Is this Gun Brokers policy? Many of the sellers state no return. Ill check into it further.

Boolit Master
    If you haven't already you might want to make a couple calls to Bob Army&Navy in Clearfield and Grices Gun Shop in the same town. They're located about in the center of Pa. so might be within driving distance. I know Bobs had one a little while ago cause I handled it. Horribly fitted laminated grips by the way. If no luck there time to haunt the gun shows. For locating shows go to gunshowtrader.com and type in your location. You might be surprised how many shows are going on near ye. Pa. has literally hundreds of gun shows this year. Audie..the Oldfart..

Boolit Buddy
    If the seller won't allow for a 3 day inspection look elsewere. Contact prior to bidding/purchase and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart1956 View Post
    If you haven't already you might want to make a couple calls to Bob Army&Navy in Clearfield and Grices Gun Shop in the same town. They're located about in the center of Pa. so might be within driving distance. I know Bobs had one a little while ago cause I handled it. Horribly fitted laminated grips by the way. If no luck there time to haunt the gun shows. For locating shows go to gunshowtrader.com and type in your location. You might be surprised how many shows are going on near ye. Pa. has literally hundreds of gun shows this year. Audie..the Oldfart..
    I have been to Grice and Bobs. I have an email out to Grice. For some reason their number is not going through. I'll find one come hell or high water.
    Last edited by vmathias; 03-03-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Boolit Master

I just bought a used stainless one at Gander Mountain of all places.

Vendor Sponsor

You should have your pick of them at a gun show.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Perma-Banned

Not rare...they are all over.

Banned
    I sent three months around here looking for a BH in .44 Special. Saw about 15 (new and used) in .45 Colt before finding the .44 at a local gunshow.

I picked up mine from Tanners Gun Shop, he usually has a few new and used. I would also try Claytons and Quinbys Gun shops as well.

Boolit Buddy

I don't know how far you are from York, PA but there were a bunch of LGS in the area and they all used to have great selections of wheel guns when I lived there back in 07. Layman's in East Prospect is one place I frequented and spent quite a bit in. Hakes in Wrightsville, and Freedom Armory in Shrewsbury also have quite a bit. Also you have a huge Cabela's in Reading - I could've retired early on all the change I spent in there. I got some excellent deals there on used revolvers. And like old fart said, there's beau coup gun shows in PA going on all the time, usually with excellent selections. Gosh, now that I think about it I wish I still lived back there.

Quote Originally Posted by ejcrist View Post
    I don't know how far you are from York, PA but there were a bunch of LGS in the area and they all used to have great selections of wheel guns when I lived there back in 07. Layman's in East Prospect is one place I frequented and spent quite a bit in. Hakes in Wrightsville, and Freedom Armory in Shrewsbury also have quite a bit. Also you have a huge Cabela's in Reading - I could've retired early on all the change I spent in there. I got some excellent deals there on used revolvers. And like old fart said, there's beau coup gun shows in PA going on all the time, usually with excellent selections. Gosh, now that I think about it I wish I still lived back there.
    Yes, It looks like I will have to hold out a while for a gun show. Think there is one coming up in Nescopek PA here at the end of the month. Would like to find the Convertible as I have quite a few 45acp brass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast