Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Shooting 195 Grain 36-195R Boolet In The Springfield/IMI "Timber wolf Carbine".

Boolit Master

Shooting 195 Grain 36-195R Boolet In The Springfield/IMI "Timber wolf Carbine".

I am pleasantly pleased with the results of my test loads today in my .357 Magnum Timberwolf Carbine.

All of these targets were shot at 50 yards, at -2 Degrees Celsius.

All pertinent load info for each load is documented on each target image.

I never had the chance to take any chronograph data today. I obviously need to get that info pronto! LOL! Hope you like the pictures and info.

Boolit Master
    This was shot with a bushnell aim point. Set on a small red dot.

Boolit Master
    I started working on my .357 timberwolf last fall. Noticed that the semi-wadcutter mold I have doesn't feed well through the action, gets hung up feeding. I made a copy of the lee 6 banger mold from scratch in a round nose boolit that has a small flat on the end for the tube magazine. Mold is done, will cast it this spring and try to work up some loads if this design of a boolit nose feeds well through the action. Calculations for the design should give this boolit about 160 gr. with a gas check. Sure like these little rifles, it's a shame they quit making them. Once the design proves, want to produce these to use in handgun as well and run a couple thousand through the Dillon.
    Chris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwheel View Post
    I started working on my .357 timberwolf last fall. Noticed that the semi-wadcutter mold I have doesn't feed well through the action, gets hung up feeding. I made a copy of the lee 6 banger mold from scratch in a round nose boolit that has a small flat on the end for the tube magazine. Mold is done, will cast it this spring and try to work up some loads if this design of a boolit nose feeds well through the action. Calculations for the design should give this boolit about 160 gr. with a gas check. Sure like these little rifles, it's a shame they quit making them. Once the design proves, want to produce these to use in handgun as well and run a couple thousand through the Dillon.
    Chris
    let us know how you make out with you custom mould! it sounds interesting!

yes, these rifles are great shooters, and very high quality! I wish I could have got the 44 magnum version as well!

Boolit Master
    Don't know how true it is, but they say Springfield imported to the U.S. no more than 500 -1000 rifles in 44 mag, most were .357. Don't know what happened in Canada. The 44 timberwolf is a rare bird. Keep working up the loads, I'm watching this thread, think I'm next in a month or 2. What even I end up with needs to work in pistol and rifle, don't want 2 different loads in .357. From testing in a chrony, I notice that what ever load I shot and measured from a pistol went at least 300 fps faster in the timberwolf, most likely from the longer barrel.
    Chris

Boolit Master
    The longer barrel definitely helps in the velocity. I have used my timberwolf to take whitetails,mulies,coyotes, and a few Black bears. All one shot kills. Wonderful little carbines they are!