WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: My 2¢, No Creep, adjustable Mosin trigger

My 2¢, No Creep, adjustable Mosin trigger

I figured out a way to better the pull of the hideous Mosin triggers. I posted this over at the Surplus Rifle forum because the post had more pictures in it than were allowed here. To read it, follow this link:

2¢, No creep, adjustable Mosin trigger

Hope someone can use it.
    35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    That's pretty creative!

Good job!

Three 44s

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice!

Does it make the trigger any crisper or just lighten the pull? I might have to give that one a try as I like the adjustability aspect of it. I would think that with red locktite you'd be good to go! (I'll probably use blue)

Have a good one,
    Dave

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    Very nice!

Does it make the trigger any crisper or just lighten the pull? I might have to give that one a try as I like the adjustability aspect of it. I would think that with red locktite you'd be good to go! (I'll probably use blue)

Have a good one,
    Dave
    I have done this on a few of mine. I is much crisper, and lighter, without that long grinding pull. Over travel is still an issue, but it isn't exactly a match rifle is it?

Make sure you flatten the end of your set screw that contacts the sear, or it will give you fits.

On one of mine I played until I got it down to under 1 pound, consistent and reliable at that. Lets just say I won't be carrying it around with one in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
    Very nice!

Have a good one,
    Dave
    It makes it very crisp and the further you turn the screw, the lighter the pull. Of course the crispness and lightness are directly proportional. Probably next I'll take some of the angle off the back of the sear. It has a rearward angle to it. This is what makes the rear of the bolt pull down as you squeeze the trigger. Of course this is almost eliminated with this modification.
    Someone else mentioned having to flatten the end of the screw, but I only did it because I almost got my hole drilled too far away from the sear. If I'd had some 8/32 plug scres I'd have probably used them instead. Also, a screw 40 tpi would give somewhat finer adjustment. Come to thing of it, I think I have some 8/40 plug screws with slotted heads. If I can find them, I'll try one of them on my next rifle.
    35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    That's interesting! Here's a link to a very good article on another way to reduce the overtravel in the Mosin trigger.

http://www.gswagner.com/mosin-nagant...mntrigger.html
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

I stoned everything on mine and shimmed under the sear bar with a washer. Worked nice. no welding or soldering.

Boolit Mold

Mosin nagant trigger

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Whelen View Post
    I figured out a way to better the pull of the hideous Mosin triggers. I posted this over at the Surplus Rifle forum because the post had more pictures in it than were allowed here. To read it, follow this link:

2¢, No creep, adjustable Mosin trigger

Hope someone can use it.
    35W
    I thought the mosin-nagant's trigger had a two stage. It does pull hard, I thought it was because it has not been fired much. I wonder what the Russians did to their snipper nagants? I don't think I could fix it the way you do. I have a Swedish 96 that has a wonderful trigger and hope to cast bullet it for a match this spring. It would be fun however to beat the Canadians this year that won at my club last year using a nagant. Thanks for the info. I might give it more thought . Allen
    hobo of the lake