Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Distant Thunder Front Sight with Octagon Globe

Boolit Buddy

Distant Thunder Front Sight with Octagon Globe

I was going to order one of DT's front globe sights, and saw an octagon version listed as an option. This would go on an octagon barreled 1886.

Only picture I could find was the small one on DT's site.

Anyone have one of these? If so, do you like the look?
    Jim

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Haven't got one of those, just the round one, but it would surely be something a bit different than what everybody else has. Thinking serious about ordering one plus a couple extra inserts.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy

I went ahead and mailed a check today for the octagon version. I'll post some pics when it arrives.
    Jim

Boolit Master
    101VooDoo,
    I wasn't aware that Jim was making the octagon for sale. He has one on one of his own rifles that I've seen but I thought it was a one-off project. If he is selling now that ought to attract a little extra clientele. He makes really good stuff, to day the least. He also made his rifle action (Hepburn) from scratch too, and wins matches with it. Your money is well spent.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks for the info Brent.

I hadn't heard of Distant Thunder before, I was actually looking for a Baldwin front sight when I came across Jim's website. One of the local BPCR shooters had recommended the Baldwin over an MVA. The built in angle for mid/long range sold me on Jim's sight.

Definitely an old school shopping experience; print and fill out this form, and then mail me a check.
    Jim

Boolit Master
    Jim's kinda an old school guy. He is a lot of fun and a hell of a shot. He is one of the very few to win an NRA regional with paper patches. He makes great stuff, and if you want a new insert - with just about any sort of crazy design you can dream up, he will make it. I have DT front sights on almost everything.

We have been comparing notes on how to get lever guns to shoot paper patches and blackpowder. He goes a little stir crazy up there in the snow about this time of year...