WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Blazer Brass???

Boolit Master

Opinion on Blazer Brass???

Hi,
    Are you guys reloading the Blazer Brand BRASS? (not Aluminum!)
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

The 9mm seems to work ok. No issues that I have encountered.

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

I load it in 45ACP and it does just as well as anything else.

Boolit Master
    The 9mm works fine for me.

Boolit Master
    I've loaded 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP Blazer brass, and haven't noticed any real differences between it and Federal or Speer. The weights and consistency seems pretty close between all of them. I usually loose them before I wear them out, so I haven't noticed any difference in how many times they can be reloaded either.

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    For 9mm and 38 - all I use is "range brass" so it's all mixed head stamps - I usually don't sort it out by head stamp. It includes Blazer brass - loads just as well as any other head stamp.

Boolit Master
    .45acp and .40SnW reload well and seem to last as well as any. I may be wrong but I seem to recall some Blazer Brass .45acp that was small primer.......might be worth a check if that troubles you.

Blaser 45acp is all small primer. I just recycle any I pick up at the range. Good brass though.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    I use Blazer for 9MM, 38/357, 40SW, 45 ACP along with other range pick-up. I've had no issues. I only sort my 9MM and Blazer is as good as any and better than some.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Thanks fellas,I don't think I want to deal with small primers even though I'm sure they are good!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

I'm using the 9mm. I have about 500 rounds that are on load 10 so far, doing just fine, no failures yet.

Boolit Master

I've switched over to buying small primer brass for 45ACP. It shoots as well as large pistol primed 45's and when I finally wear out all the large primer brass I have (IF I live that long!) I'll only have to keep 3 different primers instead of 4. To me, it shoots the same as the large pistol primed brass. One of the old guys that worked at Lake City arsenal during WW2 told me that the reason for large primers in 45ACP was that 30/06 brass could be made into 45ACP in short order and large rifle primers could be used in either just by reaming or swaging the primer pockets in pistol cases if we ever had a serious ammo shortage during war time. I don't know that as the gospel truth, but it DOES sound reasonable.

Boolit Master

I have had no problems with it.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Not sure what the models have to do with the brass, the first one is a bit too skinny and the second one has lovely eyes albeight an odd handgun hold, but to answer your question, I've never had an issue loading blazer brass. It gets tossed in the reload pile. About the only thing I don't bother with is Amerc, but that's for another thread.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Yes All too skinny!
    Now as for the brass: If I find Blazer "Brass" I always use it...never a problem.
    It was so prevalent on my public hand gun range I ended up using it quite a bit since I knew it was once shot ( weekend gunners buying lots of store bought ammo!) I know that I have been using the same brass for a few years already. ( 38 spec, 357 mag, 40 S&W and 45 ACP) Yes I would say the brass is good to go. ....you will also find the same thing with PMC brass! Grab it!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    For 9mm, I have by far less issues with BLAZER brass than with any other other headstamp.

Boolit Mold
    I've used it with 38 Special, it's identical to Federal from what I can tell. It even has the same "font" on the head stamp and the same primer pocket.

I use .45ACP Blazer brass picked up at the range. It has small primers, but other than that, it's just like any other brass. It's shiny. It loads. It shoots.

Can always tell when the big box stores get pallets of Blazer ammo. The weekend crowd leaves them laying all over the range just begging me to pick them up. As most have stated, Blazer brass, in general, is as good as and sometimes better than other well known head stamps. I use the small primer stuff with light loads in all my 45's with good success.

Not all Blazer 45acp have small primers. I have several boxes and all of them are large. They work good.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast