RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1903A3/Garand mold discussion

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I like the 311284.
    Me too. My first .30 mould was the Ideal 311291. That shot very very well from my first 03A3 at 100 yards. I got the 311284 because I wanted something with the legs to go out to 200 dependably, and also work the action of the "new" M1 trhat I had just gotten. With WW II surplus 4831, that old mould handled both jobs admirably. It grouped so well out to 300 yards from the 03A3 that I used that load pretty much exclusivly with that rifle for 200 and 300 yards, switching to 168 grain Sierra Internationals only for the 600 yard stage of the National Match Course. From the M1, it grouped about as well as a "good lot" of ball ammunition, or about 2-1/2 MOA. I never shot that load from the M1 in a match, but it was good for short range rapid fire practice, as it worked the action very reliably. I had one observer tell me that it looked like the action was moving in slow motion, but it always worked.

Respectfully,
    Bob S.
    USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

It's REAL ... it's wood and steel!

Boolit Buddy
    I use the tried and true 314211, sized .311, powder coated, over 32 grains of 4895 in my 03a3. shoots better than I can hold it and fast.

Boolit Master
    "Anti-pendejo duty"!! Char-Gar I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. But in your part of the world it is a real possibility.
    If you aim your Garand at one, I bet he would soil his trousers.
    This is an interesting thread, been dreaming about a 03 or a 03a3. Gotta wait until the financial situation changes.

Le Loup Solitaire
    Saeco's 301 does very well in the 30-06. It is a replacement for the old RG-4 and has the same long bore-riding nose. It works especially well in the 2 groove O3-A3 barrels. All of the molds previously mentioned are all tried and true old favorites. Dimensions noted are important as well.. LLS

Boolit Master
    Don't forget the Saeco 315 or NOE clone. I thought my 03A3 liked the ones mentioned until I tried the 315. It is a 4groove though.