Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You might have cabin fever if.......

You might have cabin fever if.......

Your bowl of oatmeal tries to stare you down; and wins. (apologies to John Prine)

You find 3 pieces of brass in your jacket pocket and rush to your reloading area to trim, champher, deburr, and load them.

You take inventory of your loading supplies and find you are dangerously low on lube grooves.

Your dog has lost interest in your theories of the importance of beeswax in boolit lube.

Folks from a religious group show up on your door step early in the morning and six hours later they are eyeing the door and looking nervous as you continue your explanation of the importance of square loob grooves.

You are dry firing at the squirrel on the tree in the front yard with a Super Black Hawk through your living room window while standing in your under wear.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned
    I know exactly what you mean. Between getting sick and now the weather turning sour, I'm about to go insane. I'm cleaning guns that didn't even need to be cleaned...

Boolit Master

Your wife is hollering at you during supper because you are absentmindedly spooning your soup with the ladle from your reloading bench.
    Instead of filling out your income tax form, you are doodling paper targets on the forms.
    You are trying to calculate the number of tin powder cans flattened out will cover the ceiling in the living room.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    "You are dry firing at the squirrel on the tree in the front yard with a Super Black Hawk through your living room window while standing in your under wear."

No, NO, NO I don't have an SBH, I use my Contender.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

I think I may have cabin fever.My neighbor does want me to take him to Midsouth this morning.I'm sure that'll help some.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Banned

you get off the plane from north Dakota in rock springs Wyoming at 1a.m. and overhear a remark it may be too warm for a coat,,,, and then see the thermometer reads 3-f.

Boolit Master
    in the dry firing at the squirrel can you use rabbits instead? if so I am there .

Boolit Master
    Looking at the Maple shelf on your Stone Fireplace and sharpening your Spokeshave and Drawknife.
    Your glazed look when it is suggested that you could decorate the room,whilst you wait for the Snow to melt.
    Constantly trying out your Duck Call,even when in Bed.
    Popping a few primed cases in the early hours,even when you have tried to contain yourself.
    Making your Hound retrieve your childs precious Teddy Bear after popping the primed cases.

You are iced in, your wife's last day of work is Fri., she cleaned the house twice yesterday (ice day), worried about what she will do during retirement. 3 radios on, all listening to sermons on different stations.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    You have decided on a 9mm barrel for your Contender, but get to thinking maybe a .30 Carbine or 32S&W Long just might be funner!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    You are dry firing at the squirrel on the tree in the front yard with a Super Black Hawk through your living room window while standing in your under wear.
    Got a chuckle out of that one! My issue is not being able to see out the windows with all the snow piled up. We have so much snow that it can't slide off the shop roof anymore. One can walk from the driveway up the snowbank and right onto the roof now. I had a picnic table in the back yard last fall before the snow started. You would never know it now...

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3leggedturtle View Post
    You have decided on a 9mm barrel for your Contender, but get to thinking maybe a .30 Carbine or 32S&W Long just might be funner!
    Contender in .45-70 funnest! Makes everyone look even the guys with .500 S&W.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master
    You are so bored you start conversation threads like "You might be a reloader if...", "You might be a caster if...", "You might be a swager if...." or "You might have cabin fever if....".

In Remembrance
    When it snows hard and the wind blows, our county road can get plugged pretty quick.
    About three years ago we got snowed in, for real.

The county failed to plow the road during the first two 'storms' and the drifts got so bad they got the plow stuck when they finally did show up.
    We had already been 'isolated' for several days, and it took about six more before they got their act together and cleared the road enough so we could get to the mailbox ... a half mile away.

During the initial stages of that situation I was on the phone with the county a couple of times, but the receptionist lady didn't seem very concerned. So, I called the county commissioner for our district and said, "You know, there are two families living down here at the end of the road, and we are in good shape right now.
    But, if we have a fire we're going to have to fight it ourselves and learn to live in the rubble ... because we can't even get out to go to a motel."

That was enough to convince him to get the road desk folks working on the problem.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy
    It's really mean but sometimes I just can't resist.... the bluebonnets and wildflowers are coming out down here. The last snow I saw was Christmas... of '04.

Boolit Master
    You cut up your home made birdseye maple cribbage board to make grips for your bfr.

You plowed the back yard to have somewhere to shoot.

After two mornings of minus thirty it finally warms up to twenty degrees and you think twice about wearing your coat outside.
    Last edited by historicfirearms; 02-24-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    Finally started working on the loading bench in my new house (Dec of 14.) Need enough space for a STAR, two DILLON 550B models, and the ROCKCHUCKER. 2 inch top, 30 inches wide, 8 feet long. PLUS all my stuff is in boxes from moving to the apartment in April and then to the house in December. Found the MISSING box with ALL the dies for the STAR...I was afraid I was going to keep LATHESMITH busy for a day or two!

Went to Wal-Mart and found TWO new paperbacks by William W. Johnstone. He died several years ago and must have had a pile of manuscripts and book outlines. Anyone know how many books he wrote?

Just cold here...and not that bad compared to other places. Got plenty of groceries, coffee, smokes and AMERICAN HONEY. The Goldern Retriever mix puppy (aka "Leave that d*** cat alone!") and the cat are wrestling; the girl friend is cooking and watching her soap operas.

Life is good.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Contender in .45-70 funnest! Makes everyone look even the guys with .500 S&W.
    I've tried that and it sucks. I would much rather fire a box of .500S&W than a couple of 45-70's out of that contender again.

I drove 25 mins to the gun shop for nothing because i had the fever.

MC don't they have tractors with snow throwers on them up that way?

Boolit Grand Master

No cabin fever here, I fishtailed and slid 40 miles (each way!) on the ice yesterday and got a bad case of office fever. Amazing how much admin junk you can get done when a little ice storm shuts things down for miles around. Stories you hear about Texans' inability to drive on ice are wrong.....they're being entirely too kind!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    100 vintage(ones with real articles) Handloader magazines only took 3 days to read, including a second read of the interesting stuff. Your daughter asks you to read from a cartridge conversion book when you let her know that you will NOT be reading Runny Babbit to her for the umpteenth time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast