Load DataInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Hart's barrels

Hart's barrels

I'm thinking about picking up another barrel for my Savage and considering a Harts, and before I do just wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with them.

Few years back I went to a Benchrest shooting school in NY., got in early and stopped in a Hart's shop.
    First class operation, top quality, and attention to detail.
    There were more than a few Hart bbls. being used on the benchrest line!!
    I've got one now, stainless steel in 6br that shoots far better than I.
    Highly recommend them.

Boolit Master

hart,lilja,shilen,krieger,pac-nor..... cant hardly go wrong with any of them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1johnlb View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up another barrel for my Savage and considering a Harts, and before I do just wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with them.
    I have two rifles with Hart Barrels. Both are Remington 700's, one in .223 and the other 22-250. Both are tack drivers. Don't hesitate for a minute to have a Hard Barrel.

Thanks for the replies, now I'm just waiting on a quote for the Savage drop in.

Boolit Grand Master

For many years Hart barrels were what all other were judged by. Hart was the barrel to have for benchrest shooting, NRA High Power match rifles ( I believe the AMU and marines contoured some for Garands and M14s), Premium hunting rifles and most other sports where accuracy mattered. I have a 1-7 twist 6mm over the coarse counter 26" Stainless Steel Hart barrel chambered in .243 / .267 nk dia on my pre 64 NRA match rifle that is exceptionally accurate out to 1000 yds. This was my first custom barrel. As Stated above Krieger, Hart, Lilja, Pac Nor, Obermeyer, along with Shilen and DOuglas you can hardly go wrong

Boolit Master
    I had them put a heavy barrel in 260 Remington on a m700 for me. Best shooting rifle I own.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

I have one on a 220 swift and it's good as they get...

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    99.9% of the shooters out there cannot appreciate the capabilities of a Hart,(or any other of the high end barrels for that matter) so why spend all that extra money except as a one-up-manship gesture. A Shilen or Douglas will shoot better than most shooters can shoot. Although the barrel may be the single most important component of an accurate rifle, without all the rest, including the ability of the shooter, a milion dollar barrel wouldn't be worth a darn.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Buddy

All defense edge uses. Shawn swears by them and his rifles are gurnateed to be tack drivers.

Hart doesn't do pre-threaded/chambered Savage drop in barrels so I won't be getting a Harts. Maybe at a later date, but for the next barrel looks like a Pac-Nor, they do Savage drop in's. From what I'm getting from other post, they'll make me a better shooter, and I can use the help.

Thanks for the replies

I have two "premium" barrels. One is hart, the other krieger. Both shoot like a house on fire, but the krieger seems to clean up a little easier.