Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead ban ???

Lead ban ???

I see lead bans are being talked about..does any one know the real scoop? are they trying to ban lead for just hunting? or all kinds of shooting?

Boolit Buddy
    The state of California has already banned hunting with lead ammunition. The state of NY has banned lead wheel weights from being sold in NY - this means that the supply of lead for those of us casting is getting smaller and smaller in NY.
    Last edited by groovy mike; 02-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Boolit Master
    I've not heard this. Is this a nationwide push to ban lead?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwha View Post
    I've not heard this. Is this a nationwide push to ban lead?
    I dont think anyone in Texas would be that stupid. But CA and NY seem to be racing for the most ridiculous idiocy in legislation.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy mike View Post
    I dont think anyone in Texas would be that stupid. But CA and NY seem to be racing for the most ridiculous idiocy in legislation.
    Bloomberg's money is already in Oregon pushing for a complete lead ban on the next ballot. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the CA lead ban on ALL lead boolits, not just for hunting?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    It is mainly your uber-liberal east and left coast. There is still plenty of lead to feed to condors.

Liberals everywhere would like to ban all guns........except those carried by the personal body guards they all have!!!!!

banger

I think they tried and were overturned by the courts....

Lots of lead in sailboat keels!

Boolit Master
    In CA the Pb ban applies only to hunting, theoretically. The reality is that every gun range is having Pb testing done on run-off with a view to closure. Given that elemental lead is actually not anywhere near the concern it is made out to be and that Pb is very common in the earth's crust, I think we have a political problem. I think it is a problem that every gun owner regardless of address should fight.

Boolit Master
    A Ferrari with no gas is worth what? A firearm with no bang is what? The now going, probably done deal to remove XM855/SS109 from our hands. Lead, Desert fires, criminal Condor study, on and on. "THEY" will use what ever, how ever, from every angle to justify their end game. Lead is just another excuse for their ignorant, misguided Liberal children. You better believe it!

Boolit Master
    I hunt my own property that surrounds my cabin back away's off the beaten path and home process everything I harvest. Cast my own boolits and make my own powder. If lead is banned throughout this State no matter its purpose. There's sure to be allot' a whining heard. Well~~ all but mine that is.

They won't ban sail boat keels, they are owned by the rich and famous.

Banned
    I live in Northern California. There is a lot of confusion over the ban, even here. The way we understand it up north is that the ban is only down south in areas that the condors inhabit. I could be wrong. Lead ammo is still for sale here. I stock up on lead for my casting and all of my buddies do too.

I agree with the sentiments above that this is a thinly veiled attempt to curb our rights. There is a story in the media that the lead ban was only passed after the CA government supressed a study that said the lead found in condor carcasses comes from them chewing paint chips on old structures painted with lead based paint. I work in the wilderness areas on radio structures and I can verify the fact that buzzards, and I can only assume condors also, do a lot of damage to our radio towers.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-key/?page=all

The confusion here has a lot of the sheeple in CA scared. I cast and shoot lead and wills always do so. But everyone, everywhere needs to be informed and involved.
    Last edited by sghart3578; 02-23-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I hope reality sets in soon, banning an element seems to be an exercise in futility. I know they are trying to ban fire for home heating so we will see. Maby a ban on snow is next.

Might have to build a gun to shoot golf balls. I do not think they will outlaw golf.
    Buzzards got to eat, same as the worms.

Lead ban in CA is all across the state. Nobody is safe in 2019, you will be forced to hunt with lead free.
    1,000,000 peso man

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Magana559 View Post
    Lead ban in CA is all across the state. Nobody is safe in 2019, you will be forced to hunt with lead free.
    And exactly how does that work with a front-stuffer? Other than the sugar burning, fast twist, gag-me, inline abominations? This is just great... NY will be next I'm sure.

Boolit Master

This is why you need a hoard.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Man
    I had heard that the last of the lead smelting plants was closed last year. That all of the new lead coming to the country was from China. Don't know how true that is though. I've got about 150# and I keep buying it every chance I get. Gotta feed my front stuffers.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by koehlerrk View Post
    And exactly how does that work with a front-stuffer? Other than the sugar burning, fast twist, gag-me, inline abominations? This is just great... NY will be next I'm sure.
    Exactly my question. I've read of people in CA trying alternate projectiles but they were very expensive and don't have near the same terminal performance as pure lead. BTW, that's the best description of an inline I've heard yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast