Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead ban ???

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Oh No DOE RUN.....again!

Actually most of our domestic lead comes from recycled sources per several sources I have read.Doe Run shutting supposedly did not effect the supply of consumer level lead we use. And with the militry toying with the idea of solid Cu ammo, there should be millions of tons of lead floating around somewhere someday. Just what I would want as a soldier facing an enemy, ammo that will not expand in the target, just go cleanly thru him.....letting him survive long enough to shoot me a few times with LEAD eapanding boolits!

bangerjim

ifs the birds theyre worried about, why dont they ban expansion and the building of new buildings. perfect example is the area around fontana, ca. it use to be wide open all the way to the mountains and it was full of hawks and even a couple of condors. well now its all houses and all of the birds are gone...

Boolit Master
    It is just a political ploy, no rational assessment applies. More raptors were killed by wind turbines than all the lead boolits in history. We now have solar power installations that incinerate birds in flight! If you think about the buffalo extinction in the 1800's most of those were left to carrion and only pelts and prime cuts taken. They were shot with huge slugs of deadly lead and somehow the condors survived. The front stuffers can be fed brass, and other projectiles but lose lots of effectiveness.

Condors I here.... taste like $&*+ anyways. If they start eating golf balls they might have to use some enviro friendly digestible recycled toilet paper to make them out of. You know kalifornia....... got to keep it green.
    Buzzards got to eat, same as the worms.

Quote Originally Posted by groovy mike View Post
    But CA and NY seem to be racing for the most ridiculous idiocy in legislation.
    Which means that Washington won't be too far behind.
    Ready, fire, AIM!

Gee golly. I'm surprised no one has come along yet and tried to insult people about wearing lead foil hats. But, that would have been in the political forum.

Concerning muzzleloading without lead, lead is handy because it shoots further and has a decently low melting point. But, if the effort to shut down centerfire firearms takes lead away there are still viable alternatives for muzzleloading hunters. I don't even have to have rifling.

Boolit Buddy

Just my $0.02 but if lead were banned for hunting where I lived I'd have a hard time staying interested in shooting in general. A big part of the fun is making your own projectiles whether they be round balls for muzzleloaders or bullets for revolvers, and then using your artwork for target practice, plinking, and hunting. I hope the rest of the country doesn't follow CA's lead.

Boolit Master
    Some local fellers and I were talking the other day, and we decided we would just give them all the lead they wanted when they come to confiscate it, if they get the nerve, we will hand it over, delivered right down the barrels of our firearms!!

Amen brother. They can try all they want, but folks like us already have the know-how, and until they figure out how to take that, they are gonna stay on the losing side of this. They may get a few people to quit buying commercial lead containing bullets, but really I,doubt they'll stop that many people from doing what they love. Heck, I doubt a lot of game wardens would enforce this bs as it is entirely un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by koehlerrk View Post
    and exactly how does that work with a front-stuffer? Other than the sugar burning, fast twist, gag-me, inline abominations? This is just great... Ny will be next i'm sure.
    sounds like you are wanting to come out of the closet. I know you really want an inline. Go ahead and buy one. They are great to hunt with and can outshoot any sidelock.
    P.s. I really think you already own one, but are afraid to make it public.

Oh my.

Boolit Master
    "They are great to hunt with and can outshoot any sidelock."

Hmmm.... Ask Idahoan if he needs an in-line to shoot well out past 200 yds.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VEARL View Post
    sounds like you are wanting to come out of the closet. I know you really want an inline. Go ahead and buy one. They are great to hunt with and can outshoot any sidelock.
    P.s. I really think you already own one, but are afraid to make it public.

Very funny... Nope, ain't got one, but my neighbor does. He wanted some help with it last year

After three days I gave up. Could not get that *** to shoot better than a 6 inch group at 50 yards. Meantime my Hawken was turning in honest 3 inch groups at 100 yards.

Nope, next front stuffer I'm after will be an underhammer.
    Last edited by koehlerrk; 03-06-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12