MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Luxus

Luxus

Anybody here own a Model 11 S? If so, please tell me about it.

Good Luck - I would WAG that there's not a whole lot of folks wanting, or being able to afford, to pay $5K-$6K for a single shot rifle.

Pietro, If you check you will find that the Model 11-S is not a $5K-$6K gun. There are plenty of folks on this forum who pay considerably more for a revolver (Freedom Arms, for example) than the Model 11-S costs.

As far as being a single shot rifle, yes it is; single shots are the bees knees. None are more desirable.

Boolit Grand Master

Tatume, How many spend the big bucks on a C Sharps, Shiloh SHarps Ballard or having a custom sisngle shot built? Theres alot that are willing to spend the money for good wood fit and finish.

Thank you. You live up to your moniker.

Boolit Master
    I might jump in line to buy one if I only knew what it is.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Man
    Their website says $5-$6 thousand, but perhaps you could buy one cheaper used. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a break action single shot, or anywhere close even if the "S" model is cheaper.

Boolit Buddy
    I recently seriously toyed with the purchase of an 11 S, but ended up buying a very early, rare Ruger No. 1 for my collection instead. I had a hankering for a 7-08 single shot, and the Luxus was looking very good. Oh well, maybe in the future. . .

I love their wood, and the design is intriguing, but a little weird with the side cocking lever and exposed hammer (potential for water and dust infiltration?). Hard to assess since I've only seen them in pictures.

FWIW, my break-open single-shot rifle is a T/C TCR-83 ....

That's a very nice choice. I wish they still made them, as I too would like to own one. What cartridge is your chambering? What is your accuracy?

Boolit Master
    Luxus had a booth at the SCI show earlier this month in Vegas where I handled some of their models. Nice rifles, good wood, seemed to be built pretty well. But all I could think of when handling some of the examples was that Ruger was going to be "re releasing" some of their #1's through Lispeys this year and the price difference between the Ruger and Luxus is huge.
    Only the buyer can decide if they are worth it. I did go back to their booth a couple of times. Still on the fence to be honest.
    Moving back to Alaska

Boolit Master
    I once traded for a collection of single shot rifles and one of them was a German break open in 8.15 x 46R. It was a beautiful rifle with double set triggers and it had an under lever similar to Ruger #1. It looked like it had never been fired.. I dislike break open rifles except for doubles so I sold it for $300. They are a pain to shoot from the bench. .
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

If that's what i truly wanted and i had the money to burn on it.....
    I love the single shots myself, in fact it's all i have right now....a TC Encore. I keep looking for an excuse to get another rifle, but this thing keeps impressing me both in the woods and at the range. Be nice to have a cz550 to go with it though.

Okay i clicked on their web site.....WOW!! Very nice looking rifles. Wonder how they shoot compared to the ruger #1's?

Quote Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
    I recently seriously toyed with the purchase of an 11 S, but ended up buying a very early, rare Ruger No. 1 for my collection instead. I had a hankering for a 7-08 single shot, and the Luxus was looking very good. Oh well, maybe in the future. . .

I love their wood, and the design is intriguing, but a little weird with the side cocking lever and exposed hammer (potential for water and dust infiltration?). Hard to assess since I've only seen them in pictures.
    I think the 7-08 is the Lipsey Ruger caliber this year in the light sporter.
    "Time wounds all heels." Well, maybe not, but it helps me to think so rather than responding to bad actors.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    I think the 7-08 is the Lipsey Ruger caliber this year in the light sporter.
    Yep, and I'm considering it, but I have a NIB 7-08 1A from the very limited run done in the late '80s. I hate to be the first one to fire it, but it would be a lot easier than buying a new one just to shoot.

Boolit Bub
    At one time they had a cheaper model, I bought a 250 Sav and 219 Zipper with spare 22 Hornet barrel. I love mine. I must say my bolt guns are more accurate but I like hunting with a single shot. The young guys that own the plant are simply great people to deal with. I've toured the shop several times.

Hi Ray,

The Model 11-S sells for $1800 - $2000, new of course. I just looked on GunsAmerica and it appears that Ruger No. 1 rifles are now selling for $1250. So yes, the Luxus is more than a No. 1, but it's not out of sight.

Like you, I have some very accurate bolt guns, and most of them are magazine guns as well. I almost never use them. The single shot rifles are the only rifles that interest me any more, with the possible exception of a double (with which I have a couple of issues, one is cost and the other is related to sighting arrangements).

Some of my singles are Ruger No. 1 rifles (I'm down to six now), and I like them very much. My favorite hunting rifle of all is a No. 1 International in 270 Winchester. It is deadly accurate with a Leupold VX-3 1.5-5x scope (the only variable I'll buy anymore), very light, very short, and very comfortable to carry. The short barrel gives up a little in velocity, but it has plenty to spare to begin with, so I don't care.

I'm still looking at the Luxus. I just stumbled into a T/C TCR-83, so now I have a rifle to keep my attention while I continue to ponder the Luxus.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Bub
    Tom ( or anyone) if you're ever near Cincinnati, Mt. Orab is 20 miles east on rte 32. They like a heads up before stopping in though. Everything is CNC with final hand fitting. Much more personal tour than you'd ever get from a major company. AND the wood,,,, outstanding blanks everywhere. I had to keep pinching myself to remember my beer budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    That's a very nice choice. I wish they still made them, as I too would like to own one. What cartridge is your chambering? What is your accuracy?

Thanx ! I see that you've also grabbed a TCR-83 - I hope you like yours as much as I've liked mine.

This latest TCR is a .22-250, but I've had other TCR's, over the past 25 or so years, with barrels in .30-06, .223, & 12ga - they all exhibited just about the same hunting-grade (as opposed to target-grade) accuracy, just under or over 2" @ 100yds.