MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Casting and global warming

Boolit Master

Casting and global warming

Well we've been so warm here I can't stand it...single digits or below zero. Tomorrow 6-8 inches of the white stuff. I think I'll spend a good part of the day casting in my garage!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

The thermometer on the truck this morning was bouncing between -3 and -5 this morning and we had 20mph winds so it was a tad frosty. Only 3-5" here tomorrow but we'll end up getting a mix of **** after the snow. Coldest winter I can remember in a while.

Banned

It was 82 here today, had to open the windows in the house, might have to run the AC tonight. Thank you guys for keeping all that white cold stuff to yourselves.

Gear

Boolit Master
    I won't miss the cold whenever it finally lets up but it has been good for business.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Banned

All of this global warming and my pipes froze up and burst under the kitchen on Friday. It was only -22 degrees F. I will be busy today. I hope all of the polar bears don't freeze to death. Global warming sucks!

I feel your pain. I rode the bike out to the range the other day and had to put on a long sleeve shirt, thankfully the rifle range has a shade cover over it 'cause along about eleven o'clock the sun was beating down. Did I mention that I get out of Wyoming and head south until the ground thaws?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    It was 82 here today, had to open the windows in the house, might have to run the AC tonight. Thank you guys for keeping all that white cold stuff to yourselves.

Gear
    We don't have much snow. It has been too cold for snow.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Bub
    One of the mildest NoDak winters I can remember, haven't even got below -20 yet. Last year we had a week where we didn't get above -20.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jal5 View Post
    Well we've been so warm here I can't stand it...single digits or below zero. Tomorrow 6-8 inches of the white stuff. I think I'll spend a good part of the day casting in my garage!
    Western PA here. Yep, snowing like heck here now...

We set records for low temps the other day...

My attached garage does not have heat unless I build a wood/coal fire in my stove. That is where I cast so that isn't getting done today...

The attached pic (instrument panel on my Tundra truck) is about 2 hours after the sun appeared the other morning when we set records. The actual temp before sunrise was -23 degrees...

But hey, I know there are places even having a worse winter...

Good-luck...BCB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Boolit Bub
    SW VA, 19 degrees & 5" new snow this morning, still snowing hard! Forecast says warming and rain Sat. night & Sunday!
    There will be no casting or shooting for a while here, even too cold in the basement to trim 300 Blk & 6.8 SPC brass!
    Need to load and try some more 312-155 in the 300 Blk. once the weather breaks.
    With this global warming, and the polar ice melting, guess I had better watch for a polar bear in the back yard?

Jeff
    We got 9" more snow on Saturday and then rain started late Sat. evening!! What a lousy forecast

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Maney; 02-22-2015 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Lousy forecast!

Boolit Buddy

Cold around the Bay today, but after the white stuff hits, they are threatening a warmup to rain temps, so.... the garage may just get a visit tomorrow to test out some newly acquired molds... I got withdrawals bad from the past couple weeks of sub freezing weather!!

edit.. Do you think the Noe 30 Hunter will stop a polar bear out of a 308? That's about the best I can muster on short notice... if it warms enough to cast the first ones tomorrow, that is... LOL

Boolit Master
    No casting too cold in the garage. But I did finish loading my remaining 45 ACP brass. Another 100 rounds ready for spring....whenever that comes!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    74* right here right now.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    Burn more coal.

prs

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    10 day forecast here is mid to upper 70's. Has been in the mid 80's last week.

That high pressure dome parked over the 4 Corners area sure is reeking havoc on the continental US. Pushing the jet stream up and then plunging down on the east with arctic cold air.

We did not even have a winter here in AZ.

bangerjim

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I was born and raised in Arizona and the first time I ever seen anything even remotely resembling snow was one day when I watched my mom defrost the freezer in our refrigerator. The only reason I remember that was because we made snow cones our of the scrapings.

Other than seeing it on the TV, I never saw any real snow until I was a teenager. It actually snowed in the desert not to far from our home one year. We were out shooting and a light snowy drizzle came down; just for a couple of minutes. It melted as soon as it hit the ground.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master

One of our nearby communities in NE Ohio got down to -39F the other day. We were at a nice balmy -29F. Not doing much reloading or casting in this weather. Its hard to get the chunks of Kerosene to stay lit! *LOL*

Banned

That's almost 40F colder than my deep freeze. Nuts. It was 86 here this afternoon, I actually soaked a shirt working on an outside project in the sun for a couple of hours. Supposed to have freezing rain and a high of 36 on Monday, gotta love Texas Schizophrenic weather.

Gear

It was in the low 70's here last weekend. Saturday morning, I replaced the axles on my Outback and on Sunday, it was nice enough to cast 550 bullets and powder coat them in the same afternoon. When you get good weather, use it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23518E27-3B28-45ED-BDE2-E734BA336344_zpsrrzwxfid.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	131643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40_SW640480.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	131644

Quote Originally Posted by Jal5 View Post
    Global warming is now also global cooling. When the facts don't back up the narrative, change the narrative. It's how liberals debate anything.
    th ONLY good thing about Kalif is the weather.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast