Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Quick Measure - Gun Powder Measure

Boolit Master on Heavens Range

Quick Measure - Gun Powder Measure

"Quick Measure" Gun Powder Measure

Has any seen / used / bought one of these expensive powder measures or know anyone that has ?

Getting tired of dealing with my Hornady powder measure when it decides to be inaccurate...
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master

Quick Measure - Gun Powder Measure

Kevin Rohrer uses one.

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    I have one in smokeless and one in blackpowder. JDS was at the Tulsa gun show years ago and I tried it out there with several different powders. I was impressed to say the least. Ball, flake, extruded, it's my go to measure for production runs. Very easy to return to your last setting.

take care

r1kk1

Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    I have one in smokeless and one in blackpowder. JDS was at the Tulsa gun show years ago and I tried it out there with several different powders. I was impressed to say the least. Ball, flake, extruded, it's my go to measure for production runs. Very easy to return to your last setting.

take care

r1kk1
    thanks for the reply. its a chunk of cash and I am trying to find out as much as possible about it. I talked with Tim for about an hour today. Told him that I needed to mount it on my Hornady LNL progressive. He said it would do great on there. I have read some other forums where people talked about having to wait a few seconds for powder to drop. Also, I'm not clear how I can hook it up on my progressive press so that it will fill the cases by itself. Are you running yours on a progressive press ?

Boolit Master
    Yes using his progressive mount. I PM ya Bonz.

Take care

r1kk1

It comes with several "charge tubes" and a rather lengthy set of tables to figure which powder and what weight you want goes with which charge tube. Then minor adjustments to get the final desire grains can/will be made. It's not rocket science but it does take a while to set it up for a specific charge weight. Once set up it is dependably and consistently accurate. It is very convenient for hand held use over loading trays or for a shelf/stand mount. I have other measures that work well with ball and flake powders so this QM get the bulk of the stick powders. Also once you get it set up for a specific weight it is easy to put it back together again for that powder/weight combo, if you keep notes.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Quick Measure and use it for stick powders. I love the thing. For me it is worth every cent that I spent for it.

daboone review is spot on.

Boolit Master

I have one but haven't used it a great deal. With rifle charges it is really nice. However, the adapter Tim sells to allow small charges to be thrown really doesn't work very well. I wanted to use it for loading 9mm and other small capacity rounds and despite lots of tinkering, talking with Tim, and lots of patience, I have determined that it just doesn't work for that. Perhaps someone will chime in that has been successful loading 3.5 gr of bullseye. one other thing: it is a beautiful piece of equipment.

So my Hornady powder measure is still in service for all of my handgun calibers. I have also gained a new appreciation for it.

I could be persuaded to sell mine at a discount to new, and it has a lot of accessories.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I have one but haven't used it a great deal. With rifle charges it is really nice. However, the adapter Tim sells to allow small charges to be thrown really doesn't work very well. I wanted to use it for loading 9mm and other small capacity rounds and despite lots of tinkering, talking with Tim, and lots of patience, I have determined that it just doesn't work for that. Perhaps someone will chime in that has been successful loading 3.5 gr of bullseye. one other thing: it is a beautiful piece of equipment.

So my Hornady powder measure is still in service for all of my handgun calibers. I have also gained a new appreciation for it.

I could be persuaded to sell mine at a discount to new, and it has a lot of accessories.
    Thanks for the feedback and it sounds like it may not work for me. Probably 99% would be for reloading pistol and it sounds like its really made for rifle charges.

Boolit Master
    For small charges the RCBS Little Dandy works great, but the rotors have a set volume, here is a PDF chart for the powder weights.

http://rcbs.com/downloads/LittleDandyChart.pdf

Boolit Master

Yes, it does not do that well with charges <7gr. But I have two I use for rifle calibers and like them.

Setup for .44mag
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWMet-II.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	131490

And .308

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	131491

And anything else I want.

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	131492
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Off-topic:

Lubedude,

I took me a bit to figure out that pic. Sadly, that flag already flies there.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.