MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox

View Poll Results: "Ignore" feature. Do you use it?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hahahahha! All the time WILCO. All the time.

19 19.19%
  • "Ignore" feature? Didn't know we had one.

20 20.20%
  • One more poll WILCO and I'll use it on you!

13 13.13%
  • I'm voting for someone who is ignoring your posts.

12 12.12%
  • Really WILCO? REALLY?

6 6.06%
  • I've never needed to use it.

36 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Ignore" feature. Do you use it?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Thanks. Now tell me where I can get a hat like that so I can join the Big Hat Gang.
    The hats were sort of a "gift" from a former member here. He made a comment and we ran with it. He had a good sense of humor and got a chuckle out of it.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Banned

Something like that.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Something like that.

Gear
    While them other guys only did a quick "snatch and run" you at least got the jacket as well.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    This is a interesting poll, it would also be fun to see who is currently the most ignored member on castboolits . With frank gone the number one spot seems to be open. Unfortunately, my unpalatable politics makes me a contender. I had always believed my small post count over a very long period of time (almost 10 yrs!) probably kept me out of the number one spot.I don't have enough exposure to be on the radar.

But now I am beginning to wonder. The guys that like the ignore feature are a much smaller group than expected. And they are very prolific, with a high probability of seeing my infrequent but bothersome posts. I have also noticed an alarming fact, at one time or another I have had a misunderstanding with nearly every high volume ignore guy. Not good, Am I the most ignored on cast boolits?

It should be easy enough to find out, all I have to is press the reply button. If I can pass thru this thread unseen and unchallenged, well, one would have reason to wonder. Jay

Boolit Grand Master
    Jay, I don't agree with your politics but you are right, your low post count keeps you safe. I also will say that you are far less offensive than Frank. I could probably learn to like you as a person in time but a Frank was always going to be a detestable human being.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    While them other guys only did a quick "snatch and run" you at least got the jacket as well.
    Ever think that maybe he is the ugly one so they didn't do a closeup?

Banned

Gear

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Ever think that maybe he is the ugly one so they didn't do a closeup?
    At least it's the front side view, at a distance, instead of the back side, up close, without the rest of the costume.....

Gear

Boolit Master
    I always wondered what the deal with the big hat gang was. . . .
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned

Sometimes I wish he would have decided to call us the "three Jessicas" instead, would have been much more fun arguing over who got which for an avatar pic.

Gear

ETA if it comes up, I get Ms Beal.

Boolit Grand Master
    Cross dress much?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaystuw View Post
    Am I the most ignored on cast boolits?

It should be easy enough to find out, all I have to is press the reply button. If I can pass thru this thread unseen and unchallenged, well, one would have reason to wonder. Jay
    Ignore our favorite liberal? Na, your much too polite. Geez, a polite liberal, who'da thunk it?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Jay, I don't agree with your politics but you are right, your low post count keeps you safe. I also will say that you are far less offensive than Frank. I could probably learn to like you as a person in time but a Frank was always going to be a detestable human being.
    Without wishing to point at anybody on this thread, Hannibal Lecter was mortally dangerous, and yet didn't actually behave offensively.

One problem about using the ignore feature is that many people may think someone has demolished an argument you have made, perhaps even a safety argument or one that will save someone money, with what is actually a load of flim-flam, flapdoodle and horsefeathers. But you will never see it to argue against it.

Boolit Grand Master
    But I can view the post if I want. The ignore feature just cleans the view for me. There are some I just ignore without a forum function, it just isn't worth the CO2 emissions to speak to them.

Boolit Master
    Have never used the ignore feature. There are a few folks who often express opinions on which I can't agree. However, that does not mean that there's nothing I can learn from them. It is oft times through disagreement that I learn the most. If I do run into someone who I feel is just a waste of my time, I'll just skip his posts.

As I sometimes have a tendency to tell people in a polite but somewhat condescending manner that what they're shoveling is not shinola, I would not be a bit surprised to learn that I was on a few member's ignore list.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    I just checked my list. Only five people on it and two have been banned. I guess I'm a lot more tolerant than I thought.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I've never used it, not even on the other sites that I'm on. Some of those Bozos have an entertainment factor that makes up for their stupid behavior. Its easy enough to read them or not, depending on my mood.

On Heaven's Range

My own Ignore List HAD just a few tenants, mostly of long standing.

However, it seems my list has disappeared! When I go through "User CP" to"edit Ignore List", there's just nothing there. No biggie, but I wonder what I did wrong.

This thread has raised a question in my alleged mind:

Is there some way to see who, and how many, are Ignoring US???
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master

Over the years I have placed 3 on my ignore list. Then it isn't too long before my resolve wavers, someone posts a response to a post by an "ignored" and curiosity gets the best of me. I remove that individual from the ignore list so I can see his post. I guess I'm just too wishy, washy.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

This thread would be a lot more entertaining if people listed who they were ignoring. Both w/ the forum feature and just by skipping over their posts. I have no need for the feature. If you only talk to people that share the same thoughts as you it leads to a very boring life.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast