Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading 30 remington

Update: Curiosity got the better of me so I pulled it out tonight. It goes .301 X .308."
    Thank you

Anyone else?

Frank

Boolit Master
    Will measure mine (141) tomorrow, CRS today
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    My 141 1936 vintage is .3085 x .301, checked the bore with a bore rider at the muzzle, looks like some cleaning rod wear, so may be a litle tighter a little deeper down.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    My Model 14 measures .306 groove dia. Pilgrim

Boolit Master

I have always used the correct loading dies when they are available.

Half the year in Canada and the other half in Mexico
    Just seen this thread But I came across a Lyman All American 2 Die Rifle set 30/30 Winchester Deluxe. The set is new and the sizer die is marked Lyman 30/30FL and the P-A seating die is marked LYMAN PA 21 30/30 winchester: 30 remington. As well there is a number 467A stamped on top of the seating screw.
    This die set is in a black box with blue velvet lining wrench and instructions with $15.00 stamped in gold script and in a cardboard sleeve.
    Would this die set have been produced to reload both calibers?
    Doc.

Boolit Master
    The sizer is for 3030 Win only, the seater will work for both. The seater does not contact the shoulder so will work for both. I also have that set. YOu will need a 30Rem sizer if you wish to FL size a 30 REm as the shoulder angle is different.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    This is 30/30 next to a 32 Rem with three 7x6.8 Rem SPCII . You will notice the very different shoulders between the Winchester and Rem .

Attachment 140756
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Half the year in Canada and the other half in Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    The sizer is for 3030 Win only, the seater will work for both. The seater does not contact the shoulder so will work for both. I also have that set. YOu will need a 30Rem sizer if you wish to FL size a 30 REm as the shoulder angle is different.
    Many thanks for the information.I was wondering what I had stumbled upon in My Dads reloading box.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Just to throw confusion in the Lee whack a mole circa 68-72 is labeled 32 Rem and in small print 32 Win special. Neck only dies are probably completely interchangeable. The 30 Rem has the same shoulder profile as the 32 and the 25 . I have come to think of them as 30/30 and 32 Win special AI with a Weatherby shoulder ,having gone out of production at least 20 years before either of them came on to the scene.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Cast Boolits Owner

Excellent thread! I have a 141 with a tang peep site and also ~200 rounds assorted (old) factory jacketed bullets from different manufacturers that I will test once I install a missing screw which attaches the forend to the slide mechanism. Not sure of the threads yet but by chance does anyone have an extra screw?
    Last edited by No_1; 05-31-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    If I'm not mistaken the 30-30 was originally loaded with a .307 bullet. I have some old boxed 30-30 jacketed 170 gr. Slugs marked .307.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12