RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NCBS 2015 dates confirmed!

Boolit Master
    I will be taking a ride up into Paradise Valley on the way down on Wednesday just to see what the camp looks like before going to Plan B that night. The camp is right on the boundary of the national forest along the road to Hinkey Summit. It is not visible from the road but a meadow tucked into an aspen thicket along Big Indian Creek. It is accessible by a side road that fords the creek. Nicest spring camp I know of and has been in use for 100's of years judging by the artifacts laying around. It is at the junction of two creeks and we have had sage grouse in camp with us. Birdwatching there in this desert riparian area is a joy and it is mostly out of the wind.
    The ford across the creek can be quite deep so if I can't see the bottom, I won't cross. The hillsides are covered with obsidian apache tears (some of gem grade) if you are interested in such things.
    The ford probably won't be passable if a friend is right. His family owns a large ranch just northeast of Jackpot on the Idaho side. He said most of the ranch roads are quite soft due to the rain and they won't even have to irrigate for a while.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 05-31-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Vendor Sponsor
    It don't take long for things to dry up here in the great basin. You should have a pleasant drive at the very least.

Hey folks,

I called the Griddle, spoke with Kathy, told her that about 18 + or -, of our NCBS group, would be there at/approx 1p on Fri, 6/5 for lunch. She was pleased I called and will have our usual room ready for us. If for any reason anyone thinks the count will be much different, call Kathy @ 775-623-2977

Can't wait for all the FUN! Mac
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Might be a little late to ask but does anyone have a spare 10 or 15 round M1 carbine mag? I can't seem to find even one! I have a couple 30 rounders but it doesn't like those. I have a ton of ammo that needs shooting and anyone's welcome to shoot the thing but need mags.

See everyone at the Griddle and will swing by Winnemucca Inn in a few minutes...

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Another great weekend of shooting with great people is in the books . We made some changes this year ,had a nice bit of memorializing ,and the usual "highly organized " team events .
    There were a huge number of gifts for the BB Memorial NCBS prizes . If you missed this 1 ,number 17 , you missed probably 1 of the very best.

My shooting was lack luster, but Miss Mary made a good showing for a new shooter ,I'm pleased any way.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Vendor Sponsor
    A good time was had by all. Not as many people as the last few years but it did not take anything away from a good time. This years shoot was dedicated to BruceB and the 400 yard event will forever be referred to as the "Bruce Bannister Long Range Shoot".

All those that attended please keep an eye out for a Mernickle holster for my model 25 s&w. It is unique in that it has a leather hammer thong and is stamped N4 on the back. Somehow I did not come home with it and looked all over the range before I left. Hoping someone will find it packed with their stuff by mistake.

Vendor Sponsor
    I want to thank Al Nelson of Noe, Miha of Mihec, RandyRat and Red River Rick for the excellent prizes that they donated for the event. Because of the generosity of these great vendors noone left emptyhanded. Everyone won something. Thanks again gentlemen for helping to make this shoot a pleasant success. I do believe that CobbMtMac will chime in shortly with an accounting of which events were won by who and what prize they received.

Boolit Master
    I had a great time this past weekend. It was good times, with good people.
    The camaraderie was fantastic and I enjoyed shooting the various firearms that other people brought!
    The tribute to BruceB on Saturday morning was fitting - a wildly varied group of like-minded individuals, coming together to honor a man who called them all "Friend". We'll miss you, Bruce.
    A special thanks to ammohead, for his extra efforts to make this year's get together happen.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Was sure a treat to be able to go this year. Just want to say thanks to all who made it happen. Thanks to Ammohead Bruce and Tom & Tim & John & Lagene, Mary & Harter 66, Mac & Marlene, Anita, Nevada Bill & Idaho Bill & Joy, Don, Loren & his better looking half, Ward, Rick & all else I undoubtedly forgot. It was a real team effort. Deal with tables & chairs fell thru...we covered it!

Real great group to be a part of.

Hey to all,

As usual, a great time, but this year was also a SPECIAL TIME! I think the tributes to BruceB, made it so. The feeling of his presence was certainly there for us!

I'm a tad late in posting as following the event, BIL & SIL, onceabull and Joy, came home with us, to enjoy a little time with bull's and Marlene's mother, Marjorie, who will turn 99 in Sept.! Further, we took a Nostalgic trip into the upper foothill regions of the Sierra Nevada's, lying east of us, where bull and I spent much time in our youth and earlier adulthood! A longtime spot on bull's "bucket list" and recently mine, that we had never been to, was Iowa Hill. Well, we can check that off, as it was a real experience! I'll leave it open for bull to expand on this, as he can make it a very interesting story!

ammohead, thanks for making this years event awesome! Thanks to all, I'll say it that way as I don't want to forget anyone, for the great effort to make this years event just wonderful! Food was brought and Bar-B-Cued by Harter66 & Mary, Idaho Mule & Lagene. Others had a big roll in putting on the spread. FastAsleep and 7s&8s, were the major providers in transporting all our needs; tables chairs, target needs etc. and everyone helped. So once more, THANK YOU!

Over the next few days, I'll be working on the event pictures, sorting, editing and finally Posting them. Be patient, as I work pretty slow and that's not going to change.
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 06-11-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the update Mac. Many moons ago, i drove down the road from Colfax to the American River on a camping trip. A beautiful little campground down at the bottom that you could drive to. Alot of people gold prospecting on the river. Our dog learned she could swim there!

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Newtire: Probably now known as the Mineral Bar campground on the Colfax-Iowa Hill Rd. We started "our loop" from Auburn via the "new" high bridge on the Forest Hill Rd,through metro Forest hill then on through Iowa HIll and DOWN to the River,and UP to Colfax,grab the Interstate there for return to Sacramento suburbs..More bizness and population in Forest Hill today then was in Downieville in '54..Ranger lady @ Forest Hill Tahoe Nat .Forest store said the Iowa Hill-Colfax route is far and away the best of the 3 bridged routes available twixt Weimar & Colfax..Warned us that even that route is "Primitive",thus big surprise to find it 100 % paved...N.F. or BLM routes marked primitive hereabouts would be a bag of shock for her...a great side adventure back in the "home"country on top of another grand NCBS tour....Have Sunday night prize drawing rewards for you/Obssd1958/Rockshooter /& Claudia.. will bring them next Thursday, also salvaged some 30/30 loads and emptys in the box we used to work out the Remington-Lee..quite a few things left unclaimed for us to salvage @ closing time...Will plan to always stay late in the future.... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    If I knew where a 24" Brownie was living in a small stream. I doubt I would be doing anything else by trying for it,aside from sleep & eat,prn..Has to be a small stream,because there isn't anything else close to Ely....Once every 2+ years some nails a good brownie from the Boise River here in town or close by...usually caught at night,twilight ,or first shooting light AM, Floating mouse imitator fly highly recommended...with the # of "homeless" living in the jungles along the river, I'd not try it without an armed sentry type "pacifier"nearby...Onceabull
    quick fishing report - Fishing in that small stream was excellent with about two fish caught per pocket or beaver pond before all the others would spook. Biggest was about 15-16" but lost one about 19-20" while trying to drag it up through the brush. The fish were about 50-50 browns and rainbow. All in all, the fishing and NCBS were a match made in heaven. Good times not soon forgotten. I even scored a pound of 2400 powder at the Cabela's in Boise!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234