Load DataWidenersPBcastcoReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCBS 2015 dates confirmed!

NCBS 2015 dates confirmed!

The 16th annual Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot will be held in Winnemucca NV June 5, 6, and 7. The Rools Committee meeting will be Friday evening at a location to be announced. The Shoot will be Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th at the Humbolt County Shooting Facility North of town on Hwy 95. There will be some kind of potluck lunch Sunday at the range and a dinner to follow at one of the numerous excellent Basque restaurants in Winnemucca.

Keep an eye on this thread for further details and to post any questions you may have. Come one, come all and bring the whole famn damily! The same standard events as in years past will be held including the team rifle and pistol event on Sunday. Other events will be considered during the Rools Committee (rhymes with fools) Meeting on Friday. So if you have a favorite event bring it up and we will toss it around.

There is usually a bit of horse trading at the events so if you have items of interest for sale or trade feel free to bring them too. We also accept "cast boolit hobby" related items to be given as prizes for events. This is a good way for our vendor/sponsor members to showcase their wares, but any items will be accepted.

Standard events are:
    Rifle iron sight offhand for score 5 shots at a 25 yd NRA repair center 50 yds.
    scoped offhand for score, same but at 100 yds.
    Any shot touching a line will be scored the higher ring.
    iron sight bench for smallest group, any target 50 yds.
    scoped same at 100 yds. Groups will be measured center to center.

Handgun iron sight bench and offhand at 25 yds
    scoped at 50 for both.
    When shooting standard events we ask that you have a spotter/witness when you shoot. Anyone will do.

Long range, any firearm, iron sights 400 yards standing or sitting offhand best of 5 shots at a gong. Due to time constraints you may enter this event only once. Traditionally held on Sunday.

Offhand for rifle and pistol is standing, no rest, no sling.

Current leaders will be posted for all to see.

Enter as many times as you want with any catagorized firearm.

Two rules. No whining, the range master is always right.

This is a nonformal shoot. The emphasis is on fun and socializing and being safe. Competition between friends is always a good time, but let's not get to serious about it. It is better for more people to win fewer events, than the other way around.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Well if all goes well we'll have some more wild pork on Sunday!
    I also have some stands to debut this weekend for the team pistol that will make the posts go farther and be more secure and portable than the bricks.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Ammohead,

Great introduction! Marlene and I, plus Darren and Martha will be there! I no a few other shirt-tails will be chiming in soon!

Harter66, Your wild pork was fantastic, can't wait for more of the same!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

On Heaven's Range

Years ago, Buckshot coined the perfect description of the Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot:

"IT'S LIKE A FAMILY RE-UNION WHERE YOU ACTUALLY *LIKE* EVERYBODY!!!"

Truer words were never spoken. I've been at every one of the Shoots except for 2012 when I was hospitalized. From our 6-member beginning at Topaz Lake in 2000 to the latest one, all were a BLAST!

With any luck, and some help from my friends, I intend to be there for this upcoming one as well.

I hope to see many newcomers, as well as meeting-up again with the horde of amigos from years past.

It really is a great time, and anyone attending will not regret doing so.....

Ammohead, that is a GREAT introduction you wrote.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Good news indeed,especially when combined with personal health news this AM..Right knee replacement now scheduled for Thursday ,3-26-15..With any luck at all,should be mobile enough to get from vehicle to the benches !!!, Hope so,because immediately following return from NCBS, should head out for the annual Spring week++ of wall tent living at Henrys' Lake,and will have to manage dock to boat transfers daily...Last gunshow effort,probably until Mid-September will be Homedale, First w'kend in March...hurts to miss Don & his Partner's April effort in Filer,but cannot hold out that long ... Be there..Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

Great intro Bruce.
    I definitely plan on being there.
    Got to get busy...
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All, great news. Lagene and I will be there for sure. Not sure if we will stay at winner-schmucca inn or camp out up the creek but we will get that figured out. We will definitely bring some moose meat to share with all. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. JW

Boolit Master
    Don't forget the "rifleman's shoot" and trophy. Maximum of ten shots in three minutes standing offhand at a mystery range somewhere between 100 and 200 yards with iron sights . Guess I better get to making that trophy soon. Can't wait to come down.

Boolit Master
    Got my room across from the pool. Ready to go. Bringing fishing gear this time to head over to Ely afterwards.

Boolit Man
    Ditto on the great intro Bruce. Please feel free to call on me to round up supplies as needed. Also remember that I am storing--and will bring the targets we picked up from Bruce's place last year.

E-Mail from B-I-L Cobbmtmac confirms my favorite bride and I have space locked up @ Winnemucca Inn,Thursday 6-4 thru Sunday 6-7..Expect to sprinting to & fro on the new knee & given being laid up and away from at least two spring gunshows,I may have a item or two left that can go home with someone else,(for a value price,of course)There have been a few new arrivals since we saw most of you last,some of which might be out of reach for the local sharps .Do NOT count on me taking yur Asperly Aimless in trade,though....
    . Onceabull

We are staying in town this year at the super8 i think . Our schedule has just gotten too full this year .
    We'll be headed for Tx tomorrow to shoot a few hogs ,ribs for sure maybe something smoked if I can get some time wrung out of the too full calender.
    I'll have a couple of more treasures to show for those interested and I hope to have a couple of the old dogs barking again too.

Sunday pot luck is approved I guess ?

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    For those who have never been to this event and would like to look around for a day but budget is tight, the BLM has a fine campground on the other side of Winnemucca known as Water Canyon Campground (Google for more info). It has a nice little stream in an aspen forest. There are also some nice camp spots up in Paradise Valley at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mtns about 25 miles north of Winnemucca. Those are in the Humboldt NF. We will be camped there a few days prior to NCBS on Big Indian Creek.

Moderator Emeritus

Life gets too busy this year as well. Hoping to hear great things.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    We are staying in town this year at the super8 i think . Our schedule has just gotten too full this year .
    We'll be headed for Tx tomorrow to shoot a few hogs ,ribs for sure maybe something smoked if I can get some time wrung out of the too full calender.
    I'll have a couple of more treasures to show for those interested and I hope to have a couple of the old dogs barking again too.

Sunday pot luck is approved I guess ?
    Do we gotta wait for approval?? Lagene and I are figuring on bringing the D.O. outfit to do some charring with. We are figuring on the motel thing too but are bringing pick-up to haul all the needed "stuff". JW

Well that's 5 of us that won't miss out on great grub

Boolit Master
    i am semi retired..but as luck would have it..i have to work that weekend.
    get to make up for part by doing pd control on some pasture land during the same week.
    ya have a good time...
    i'll be back one of these years
    mike
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Idaho Mule: "Bringing the pickup"is great news..That way you won't be compromised to carry home all the "good stuff" I hope to lay off on ya...Onceabull

onceabull, couple more quarts of Ed's Red and I'll be able to see clear thru the Asperly's bore. JW

Boolit Master
    JW,
    Is the Ed's Red for the Asperly's bore...... or is it for you???

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast