RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Awesome Range Day!

Boolit Grand Master

Awesome Range Day!

Took five rifles to the range today, most of them shot their best groups ever and the rest showed promise. Scopekiller even decided she liked the 2-7 Weaver and decided to shoot some decent groups. The old 94's had good days, my 94 yr old SRC in 32WS had an awesome day on it's third range trip. Tang sight I installed after the last trip really helped me see the sights and it shot as well as I've ever shot an iron sight levergun. (Thread in Leverguns)
    My Winchester 670 in 35 Whelen found a load she really liked, it was an "afterthought" load that I'd forgotten about, sure was a surprise when I shot a nice group with it.
    Thutty-thutty didn't like the NOE GB 310-164, suspect it will do better in a tight-throated Winchester, my Marlin still prefers the RD 311-165. My 1901 94 rifle in 38-55 had a decent day as well but the load needs a bit of work. I think the rear sight needs to come off as well as it clutters up the sight picture when using the tang sight.
    Shooting buddy had three minor surgeries in recent weeks, all three a success and he's getting around quite well these days, was good to have him back on the firing line.
    Almost feel guilty about the pretty day we had here, was even overcast enough to allow the use of my Chrony without skyscreens. It even got too warm for my light jacket after an hour or so.
    Didn't get around to shooting our C&B revolvers, maybe next time.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

Its been too cold here. I need to move

I'm just getting a Whelen together what was your load.
    Also bought a NOE 358009 mold man it's perty.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Grand Master

Have a thread or two in the favorite loads section. 35 Shooter and a couple of other guys are having good results with the 358009. My current best load for the RD 360-230 is 54 grs of IMR4350 but I'm still testing and looking.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.