MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: My powder coating adventure

Boolit Buddy

My powder coating adventure

I continued my powder coating adventure today by spraying and baking about 300 boolits for 45 colt. I think it was my best time yet. I was reading another thread where the person was lamenting the fact that they did not have a booth and got over spray. Others said they get very little if any over spray. I guess my technique is not that good because I get over spray, although less than when I began. The last three times I have sprayed I have been thankful I built my booth. It is a little fancier than need be, but not as fancy as others, but it really helps me. We have had unusually warm weather in western Montana for a week or so (been getting above 40 in February!) and I thought about spraying outside. That is until I opened the shop door and felt the wind! It was too windy to spray outside, but no matter, with my booth I can spray inside and keep the mess contained. I was able to clean everything outdoors which was nice. I am glad I built my booth (used mostly left over wood from other projects) but even a large box would work. I am thankful for all the help I have received here as I think it really helped improve my powder coated boolits. I don't think I would have learned as quickly on my own. Still have lots to learn, but am really happy with how it is going.

Boolit Buddy
    I made a down draft booth out of a use styrofoam cooler and used my shop vacuum to create the down draft.. Not very professional looking but it eliminates the majority of the overspray.