Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New! Active Group Buy For 9mm/38 Super 155gr FP/147gr HP Mould At NOE Now!

Boolit Master

New! Active Group Buy For 9mm/38 Super 155gr FP/147gr HP Mould At NOE Now!

There's an new Active Group Buy for a new .358" 9mm/38 Super bullet design at the NOE Forum now. The bullet, designed by Frank Elliott/ELCO, will cast at 155gr as a flat point, and 147gr as a hollow point design, with wheel weight alloy. This one will ideal for IDPA, USPSA, IPSC, etc., competition, as well as for personal defense.

The mould will be available in 2 cavity, 4 cavity, and 5 cavity versions, in both aluminum and brass. It will be available in both flat point and hollow point versions. Lyman/RCBS, and SAECO style top punches will be available too.

It only will take 10 people to sign-up for the mould to send it to production. Everyone signing up for the Group Buy will receive a 15% discount from the catalog price for signing up on the group buy too. What's not to like?

To see the Discussion Thread, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,597.0.html

To sign-up for the Active Group Buy, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Thanks,

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Master
    There's been a great response to the NOE 358 155gr FP/147gr HP TC (ELCO) group buy so far. Enough people have already signed-up for the group buy to send this mould to production. If you're interested in a great heavy weight, subsonic bullet design for 9mm/38 Super, this bullet design is for you.

If you haven't looked at the Discussion Thread yet, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,597.0.html

To sign-up for the Active Group Buy, please go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master
    Al (Swede) Nelson has ordered the tooling to produce the new NOE 155gr FP/147gr HP 9mm/38 Super bullet mould. Al said that it's taking about two weeks to get the tooling in to produce the moulds. After the tooling arrives, Al will schedule production of the moulds. There's still time to sign-up to get one of these moulds.

In addition to the Discussion Thread for the new bullet mould on the NOE Forum, there were two other discussion threads about the new bullet design. One of these discussions was on the CBA Forum. To see that discussion thread, go to: http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum...0&forum_id=105
    The other discussion thread was on this site. To see that discussion thread, go to: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Bullet-Design

To sign-up for the Active Group Buy on the NOE Forum, while you still can, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master
    There's been a great response to the new NOE 358 155gr FP/147gr HP TC 9mm/38 Super Group Buy. The Group Buy is still open, and there's still time to order one.

So far, 19 people have ordered their new moulds. To order yours, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Dave

Banned

I am in on the buy and it seems like a perfect heavy 9mm.

Boolit Master
    I am not seeing the purpose of the tapered nose. If I seat it deep to feed in 9mm I wont be able to crimp the mouth down that far. Says it is like .352 after the drive band?

I designed the bullet. The taper matches the 2 deg leade angle of the 9mm Luger (9x19). The 9mm really shouldn't be crimped, as the case mouth is what sets the head space.

The .352 diameter is what the taper measures at the mid point. Even though you see a step at that point, it's not a step it's a straight line. The lack of enough resolution makes it lok like that.

The way that you would set the COAL is that you load the bullet out, until it touches the 2 deg leade and the slide still goes fully to battery. That will be approx. 1.140 COAL. You can back it off a little from there, if you like but, you can not load longer.

Frank

Boolit Buddy

1.140 coal is perfect for my glock 34

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I am not seeing the purpose of the tapered nose. If I seat it deep to feed in 9mm I wont be able to crimp the mouth down that far. Says it is like .352 after the drive band?
    You really need to take a look at the Discussion Thread. See: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,597.0.html The Discussion Thread covers what the purpose of the design is, and how we tried to come up with the best heavy weight 9mm bullet design possible. I think we've succeeded very well.

Post #55, Post #63, and Post #72 all discuss how this new bullet will fit in a 9mm case. Only about .260" of the base of the bullet will have to fit inside a 9mm case, and this would give you an OAL of about 1.140", without bulging the brass. This dimension is with the bullet seated so the 9mm case mouth is near the top edge of the front driving band. Frank checked these dimensions using once-fired Remington 9mm brass to verify how it would fit. The nose of the bullet also has a 2 degree taper to fit the 2 degree lead angle on a SAAMI spec 9mm case.

Post #78 discusses how the bullet design software doesn't show the 2 degree angle on the bullet nose. That's why the dimensions shown on the drawing, with the .352" mark representing the mid-point of the tapered portion of the nose, shows how the nose tapers from .358" at the top of the driving band, to .342" where the conical section of the nose begins.

Reading the Discussion Thread should answer all your questions, and a whole lot more.

Dave

Boolit Master
    Al Nelson has listed an estimated production date of 6/10/15 for the new NOE 358 155gr FP/147gr HP TC (ELCO) mould. 24 people have ordered one of the moulds so far. To order one while you still can, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Thanks,

Dave

Boolit Master
    The group buy for the new NOE 155gr FP/147gr HP TC is still open. You can still get your 15% group buy discount by joining in now at: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Dave

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frnkeore View Post
    I designed the bullet. The taper matches the 2 deg leade angle of the 9mm Luger (9x19). The 9mm really shouldn't be crimped, as the case mouth is what sets the head space.

The .352 diameter is what the taper measures at the mid point. Even though you see a step at that point, it's not a step it's a straight line. The lack of enough resolution makes it lok like that.

The way that you would set the COAL is that you load the bullet out, until it touches the 2 deg leade and the slide still goes fully to battery. That will be approx. 1.140 COAL. You can back it off a little from there, if you like but, you can not load longer.

Frank
    I am not talking about a crimp as a what you would do with a 38, I am speaking about removing the bell of the mouth that I use for seating lead projectiles. It looks like there would be a gap between the bullet, and the case because of the taper. Maybe if there was a rendering of it seated in a case showing this would not be an issue some people would jump on board. I do not just go "on someones word" that it will work. Al has ran lemons before. Most recent was that 300 blackout pointy abomination. There are no designs that have not been tried at some point, and if they are not in production it is usually the result of poor design that just did not work, or did not fit the bill of what people wanted. I most certainly will wait till results come in before buying a 100$ mold that is not tried, or proven with a designer that has unknown pedigree. The renderings on what has been designed is poor, and lacks the visual representation of how this would work. I find the thread over on the NOE board unorganized, and am not going to fish through pages of fine details to get a simple answer to my questions. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Last edited by xacex; 03-22-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    ... I do not just go "on someones word" that it will work. Al has ran lemons before. Most recent was that 300 blackout pointy abomination.

You can't blame Al for the design of the 309-128gr PT "lemon" you referred to. That one was designed by some guys on a couple of the 300 BO forums. That bullet design is also the one they called the "Crayola Of Death". They contacted Al about running the design for THEM. YOU should know this as well as anyone, and you don't have to take my word for it, since YOU started a thread about it here on CastBoolits on 5/14/14. Since you seem to have forgotten about that thread, here's a link to it as a reminder: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oe-309-128g-pt

YOUR thread here on CastBoolits answered the question about how the design originated on the 300 BO forums (Post #1); discussed the "grossly unsupported bullet nose" (Post #4); how the bullet would probably slump and twist (Post #5); how the designer on the 300 BO forum hoped the long pointy nose would keep the bullet from rubbing on the ribs in the AR magazines (but apparently didn't give any thought to such things as chamber/throat fit) (Post #6); gave links to the threads on the 300 BO forums where the design originated (Posts #12 and #22); and also, YOU acknowledged that you knew who the actual designer was (Post #19).

From all this, it seems to me that you aren't actually trying to raise legitimate questions here, but rather are just TROLLING.

There are no designs that have not been tried at some point, and if they are not in production it is usually the result of poor design that just did not work, or did not fit the bill of what people wanted. I most certainly will wait till results come in before buying a 100$ mold that is not tried, or proven with a designer that has unknown pedigree... I find the thread over on the NOE board unorganized, and am not going to fish through pages of fine details to get a simple answer to my questions. Thanks, but no thanks.
    The references that were provided to you about how the bullet should fit in a 9mm case, I believe, were pretty clear and answered the question about how the bullet should fit pretty well. It seems to me that if you don't understand how the bullet should fit in the 9mm case, it's because you didn't want to understand how it would fit. If you're not interested, don't buy one. I am very interested in it, and I will buy one!

Dave

Boolit Master
    Al has changed the estimated production date for the NOE 358 155gr TC (ELCO) mould to 5/5/15. So far 25 people have ordered one. To sign-up to get yours before the Group Buy closes, go to: http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....pic,644.0.html

Dave

Xacex,
    I'm not sure that I understand your rational for criticizing this bullet. The bullet you reference, is nothing like this one, in design or caliber. Is your logic that because one NOE bullet didn't work for you that NO, NOE will be worth trying?

What ever you think about it, it is designed to align with the throat and therefore the barrel, before firing the round. It matters not, how you prepare your cases, it will still do the same thing.

What the people involved with this wanted was a larger diameter, 9mm, TC bullet, I added the throat matching, tapered band, strickly for increased accuracy.

When it arrives, if your not far from the Medford area, stop by, I'll let you try some, then come back to us with your results.

Frank

Banned

Frank, you are a bigger man than I am.
    Last edited by jmort; 03-27-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Frank, you are a bigger man than I am. Why does anyone care what Xacex thinks when he comes off so rude and obnoxious?
    I guess I just have a soft heart, when it comes to Oregonians

Frank

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frnkeore View Post
    Xacex,
    I'm not sure that I understand your rational for criticizing this bullet. The bullet you reference, is nothing like this one, in design or caliber. Is your logic that because one NOE bullet didn't work for you that NO, NOE will be worth trying?

What ever you think about it, it is designed to align with the throat and therefore the barrel, before firing the round. It matters not, how you prepare your cases, it will still do the same thing.

What the people involved with this wanted was a larger diameter, 9mm, TC bullet, I added the throat matching, tapered band, strickly for increased accuracy.

When it arrives, if your not far from the Medford area, stop by, I'll let you try some, then come back to us with your results.

Frank
    Thanks frank. I am just not getting a straight answer, and no rendering for me to visualize how this is going to work. I was not trying to be a (troll) but I have doubts about Al making a mold when he would run such a turd as the crayola of death. I also do not know the credentials of the designer, or where this whole concept is from. As for Dr. Owl whoever I could care less about go here or there to see what was said here or there. I am here, not there and want to see how it will work, simple as that. Yes, I called out the design flaws of the crayola of death, and no I did not purchase it. I wanted it to work, but will not spend gobs of money on molds that won't work. I am not rich, and would not roll the dice if I were. Please, Frank if you are purchasing this mold would you post pictures of it fitting in a case, and give some candid feedback. I do not need cheerleaders in my life. I dated one once upon a time, and that was enough for me. If it works I would love to try it, and it I really like it I am more than willing to pay full price for the mold.

Jmort, it is not (rude) to ask for more clarification on what is being sold. I am a visual learner, and like I said I am not weeding through another forum to get an answer to a mold that is being sold drum-roll....here.

Banned

Fair enough.

Boolit Grand Master

The mold isn't being sold here. You have to go to the NOE forum to purchase it. The discussion thread is about three pages long. Doesn't take long to find the bullet design pics. If you start at the end of the thread you can skip the ones that didn't make it. You have to go there anyway to buy the mold so take a few minutes and do your own due diligence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast