Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New "Bargin" rifles"

Boolit Buddy
    Today I am CZ man. Sure there are rifles that will perform for less. But they don't interest me. I just don't trust their longevity the way I trust a CZ. I shoot 788s too, but if it were me, and CZ offers the caliber - save up just a little longer. This is coming from a man who loved American iron. I just cannot justify anything less and unless it is a Dakoda and I just have to have that specific rifle CZ has it over anything else currently on the market.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by vmathias View Post
    I have noticed it seems that every manufacturer is coming out with a "price point" or Bargin rifle. Winchester XPR, Ruger American, Savage Axis, Browing XB3 etc.. They are obviously coming out to compete with other brands and all comes down to sales. Most people in this day and age/economy cannot afford the higher priced rifles. To you rifles experts, are these price point rifles really that much different than the higher priced rifles? I know things like barrel nuts, machine time and synthetic cut manufacture time but besides this is the quality there? I do own the Ruger American and I can say that I am highly impressed.
    They are going to be refinements present in the big dollar guns that you won't see in the economy line. Exotic hardwoods, jeweling, hand checkering and so on. But that stuff doesn't make the rifle. Personally, I want to focus on my hunt not that scratch on my $2500 Sako ( minus that Zeiss optic) with high grade walnut stock.

A Remington 770 in 7mm mag is hardcore Bear medicine here in the Sierras. It's a reliable 400 dollar rifle that drives tacks.

Bottom line, and to answer your question, yes, they are reliable and worth it. Modern machining and manufacturing can put out good stuff at an affordable price. The package deal optic that comes with some models is a whole other discussion.....and not always a positive discussion. Happy hunting brother!

"Do yourselves a favor....take your youngins to the woods"

Boolit Mold
    Over a year ago, I purchased a new Mossberg MVP Varmiter in 5.56 NATO/223 Rem, Heavy fluted barrel, Acutrigger. Mounted a BSA 9-32X scope. It has a wood Laminated stock. My wife and I have put at least a thousand cast boolits thru it. We have been paper punching with it at 100 and 200 yards. We can get groups at 100 yds less than 1", I have a feeling the rifle is more accurate than I have the skill to shoot tighter groups. Having the ability to use 10 shot AR Mags. (I'm in California) to me is a plus. This is the first Mossberg firearm we have purchased, We really enjoy shooting it. We do have a budget so that a $1000 rifle is out of the question. I always need another Boolit mold.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm getting too old to be shooting ugly rifles.

Boolit Master
    Homely and shoots good beats pretty and doesent shoot good at least in my book.

Boolit Bub
    A while back I bought a Ruger American in .308. I wanted a lightweight rifle, and it is lighter than anything else in my safe... It was inexpensive, but I'm not convinced that is it cheap.. It shoots as good as my M70, my CZ550, my Howa 1500 along with all the others... The last time I had it to the range...the last 3 shots I fired using 165gr Hornady SST's on top of Varget went into 1.12"...at 300yds. I can certainly be happy with that!

Competition is keen in the gun industry...and today they are offering the average guy good accurate rifles at an exceptional value for their dollar.

Zee

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567