Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Remington Fieldmaster model 572 .22 Rifle.

Boolit Mold

Remington Fieldmaster model 572 .22 Rifle.

I picked up this model 572 Remington .22 and after cleaning it up found it does not have a serial# anywhere. Was trying to figure out when it was manufactured but without the numbers I can't use the Remington ID. chart to find year of manufacture. This rifle has a alloy action and aluminum barrel, copper in color and sleeved rifling. The tube underneath is chrome and holds 18 shells. It looks almost new in condition and a nice shooting light pump .22 rifle.The grain of the wood in the stock resembles walnut but is blond in color( maybe bleached).Anyway I was wondering if anyone know's of a way to date the year of manufacture on this no number rifle.

Boolit Master
    Not really. You can be sure it's before 1968. Maybe someone knows when certain features were added or removed. But that would just give a timeframe not exact date.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Control_Act_of_1968

Boolit Master
    There should be a pair on letters on he breech end of the barrel , left side. There is a chart that breaks down that code to a month and year. Started in 1921 and was used untill very recently, then reinatated. I will find my link to that chart and post it for you. No serial just means before 1968 ,, in general.

Heres the link, lots of other good info on this site also

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/...ns/barrelcodes

Oh , and you need to know an approx. period as well, you are looking at 1950 to 1968, that model eplaced the Rem 121 in early 50s.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Thanks for the link. My 572's birthday has been a mystery to me for all these years. It's beautiful for being 59 years old

Might I be so bold as to ask for photo's? We love photo's.

I have two Remington's, one is a Sport Master and the other a Target Master (I think). Tubular magazine versus a box magazine.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 02-19-2015 at 11:29 PM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

In Remembrance

I had one that was bought new in 1962 and was called Buckskin. A black, walnut colored stock one was also offered and called Raven iirc. I dont think they were offered much earlier than that.. I have always regreted selling it as it was a tackdriver that won many backwoods competitions.

Boolit Master

I have that identical rifle as well. My great aunt gave it to me in the early 70's. I remember her having me go into the attic to pull down the rifle and in the dim light all I could see was 'rust. When I got it in the light, what a surprise, no rust at all, copper anodized and light color stock. I saw another in a gun store in Millington TN in 77 for sale and I think I saw one of the blue anodized ones somewhere in the 80's. I love it. I think mine is a 59 vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by 120Rick View Post
    I picked up this model 572 Remington .22 and after cleaning it up found it does not have a serial# anywhere. Was trying to figure out when it was manufactured but without the numbers I can't use the Remington ID. chart to find year of manufacture. This rifle has a alloy action and aluminum barrel, copper in color and sleeved rifling. The tube underneath is chrome and holds 18 shells. It looks almost new in condition and a nice shooting light pump .22 rifle.The grain of the wood in the stock resembles walnut but is blond in color( maybe bleached).Anyway I was wondering if anyone know's of a way to date the year of manufacture on this no number rifle.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.75 lb male coon 11-10-2013.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	134292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remington 572 field Master 22 CB Short crow 4-24-2014.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	134293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eastern Gray squirrel Rem 572 CCI CB short 4-21-2014.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	134294
    I have got a 572 fieldmaster made in 63 with only a date code, and I have one made in 64 with a serial number.