MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
PBcastco Lee Precision
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Industries

Boolit Bub

Expansion Industries

This company has a powder ETR7 for sale at 16.50 lb. They say it loads everything from 380 thru 45. Anyone know about this company. Wondering myself?

Boolit Master
    Ive looked at their website but im still on the fence. Id also like to hear from any folks using it.

Boolit Master
    It will still be $25 a # by the time you add haz matt and shipping. Here is the link http://www.expansion-industries.com/
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    They relabeled Maxam CSB-1 powder. There has been some discussion on that powder. I have recently seen that there are at least 2 or 3 types of CSB-1 with some adding an M or a P on the end marking it as slightly different in speed. These guys show all three types: https://www.buffalocartridge.com/maxam

Boolit Grand Master

$85/4lbs shipped or so. About $22/lb give or take. Thats not bad if you need it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Master
    I thought about ordering some for 9mm loads , but with my tc boolit and seating depth, i dont think i can get the speeds im looking for. Still on the back burner though if i cant find what i really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    It will still be $25 a # by the time you add haz matt and shipping. Here is the link http://www.expansion-industries.com/
    Mine came to less than $20/lbs shipped and hazzmat to Colorado! I have not found powder for less than $20/lbs in years.
    Vietnam Veteran (68-69), NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by texassako View Post
    They relabeled Maxam CSB-1 powder. There has been some discussion on that powder. I have recently seen that there are at least 2 or 3 types of CSB-1 with some adding an M or a P on the end marking it as slightly different in speed. These guys show all three types: https://www.buffalocartridge.com/maxam
    Not different speed but different cut. CSB-1M is a finer cut.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Buddy
    Got 8lbs in FedEx limbo, 3rd attempt to deliver now re-scheduled for Monday. The reviews I've seen are mixed. Some like it, some complain about cost and some hate the whole repackage idea. Don't know how good it is but I'll use it in something as for price all the stores around here are at $25-$30 a pound so it was a little cheaper for me. With the powder shortage glad I stockpiled, like a lot of folks I still got powder I got from Jeff in the 80's.
    Hoping for the best hope its clean shooting and great metering. Well I guess I really hope FedEx just gets it here.

Boolit Master
    I've used it for 9mm and 40 cal S&W and it seems to work fine for me.. It was initially quoted as "Use Universal data", but some who have used it in shotguns have noticed in the lower pressure region of shotshells, it is actually closer to International Clays. I have load data worked up with Hi-tech's Lot of CSB-1 on another thread in the powder forum.. I have some of the CSB-1M from hi-tech but I have not yet worked up any data with it.. I've been told that CSB-1M is closer to Titegroup, we shall see when I do my load workups in 9, 38 spl, and 40. I might even do some in 41 magnum.

Boolit Buddy
    After a week delay at FedEx it was delivered today, soon as we get some global warming I'll get to my work shop and try it.

Boolit Master

Got 8 lbs on Tuesday and loaded some 38 specials, just have to get to the range. Cost worked out to $20.85/lb. Tim

Other forums and people speaking to the (i presume ) owner, Lucas, say its not CSB-1. What I see about CSB-1 suggests using Universal data, but the Expansion Ind. website says ETR7 is more like Titegroup, and other foroum discussions say CSP-1 isn't as clean burning as people using ETR7 say the ETR7 is. Universal and Titegroup are pretty far apart on burn rate charts. I'm not trying to be pedantic, just trying to help folks keep their fingers.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Boolit Bub
    Since I posted this thread I have located another site. Buffalo Cartridge Co. Sells this powder in 55 lb drums for 659.95 which works out to about 11.90 a lb. Also an explaination of the powder as to the cut of the powder. Maybe this will help.

Boolit Buddy
    Guys take a look does this look like the CSB-1 that others are getting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150221_103405_646.jpg   IMG_20150221_103318_743.jpg   IMG_20150221_103151_785.jpg  
    Last edited by kfarm; 02-21-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Boolit Master
    I want a 55gal drum!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    I want a 55gal drum!!!!!!!
    55 POUNDS ... lol

NOT 55 gal

Boolit Master
    ah tad smaller I was thinking a 55 gal drum

Boolit Master

I figured a little over $20 with hazmat and shipping on 16 lb. Been a week and have not seen it yet. What has the delivery time been for others?

Boolit Buddy
    If you talking about ETR-7? I placed the order on Wednesday evening and got shipping notice that Friday from FedEx. Delivery was to be the next Wednesday but FedUp could not find my address on Wed., Thur. and Fri. Add the bad weather we've had and an email or two it was delivered last Friday. Baring FedUp it would have been a week from order to door.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast