Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little 22 Orberndorf Mauser followed me home today.

Boolit Master

303 Guy,
    It's great that you got your dad's rifle. It sure is great that you have and can enjoy it and then pass it on again.

Ken

I haven't done anything to the rifle yet. The magazine shown is an after market. I have the original five shot mag. No worries about hijacking. I have a collection of 22's that need to have an outing. Maybe next Sunday.

I'm thinking of getting an original rear sight leaf. My Dad liked his shallow V's and fine front beads. I just want to be able to make it original.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Peter: There should be a U notch on the bottom edge of that rear sight. There is a little lever on the side of the rear sight that releases it and it slides out,,,, you flip over and reinsert.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    The only Mauser .22 I own is a later semi automatic that was very rarely imported to the US, but based on how well it shoots, I've been keeping my eyes out for a Mauser .22 bolt to add to the collection.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Mold
    A few years ago I was looking at the rear ladder sight on my CZ452FS 22 LR when I got a funny feeling as I looked at the slide on the sight. Rummaging through my box of "parts", I found the ladder sight for one of the Oberndorf 22s, a piece that was given to me years ago and for which I have never had any use. The beautifully milled slide on the German sight is an exact, and I mean EXACT match for the Czech slide in every dimension. Off came the CZ slide which is a kind of die cast creation that has never matched the quality of the rest of the rifle, and on slide the deeply blued German beauty. Perfection! I can only guess that the Czech factory was using German machines, or at the very least they were using German blueprints. Moral of the story? Never throw out gun parts ( no matter how much the better half may be urging you to.) By the way, sadly, the actual Oberndorf ladder did not fit.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
    A few years ago I was looking at the rear ladder sight on my CZ452FS 22 LR when I got a funny feeling as I looked at the slide on the sight. Rummaging through my box of "parts", I found the ladder sight for one of the Oberndorf 22s, a piece that was given to me years ago and for which I have never had any use. The beautifully milled slide on the German sight is an exact, and I mean EXACT match for the Czech slide in every dimension. Off came the CZ slide which is a kind of die cast creation that has never matched the quality of the rest of the rifle, and on slide the deeply blued German beauty. Perfection! I can only guess that the Czech factory was using German machines, or at the very least they were using German blueprints. Moral of the story? Never throw out gun parts ( no matter how much the better half may be urging you to.) By the way, sadly, the actual Oberndorf ladder did not fit.
    Most likely the other way around, the Checks had a bigger armament industry than the Germans until the late 30's.

If you like Frog Lube, get some Soylube 100, it is the same thing at 1/4 the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12