RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Wideners

Thread: My MKV bullet master started doing some interesting things help!

Boolit Master

My MKV bullet master started doing some interesting things help!

Last night I was running a large batch of 155gr .40 cal. I was putting some finished .380 in the sizer when inside the control panel, the production side board of my MKIV started making a wierd sound from the relay. (the little blue one on the board itself.) It was like a rapid fire relay. i am assuming the temp sensors are working but it wont cut the element on by itself due to rapid fire. It makes the element switch do the same rapid fire. You can turn temp dial down and close the relay switch that turns the actual element on and element works. You just have to hold it. I was able to finish the batch by regulating the temp by hand. Is it the board itself? Thermocouple? Any ideas? I am putting a call into magma when they open I just figured someone on here might have an idea. It is a MKIV. i realized it after I wrote. can't edit title.
    Last edited by kweidner; 02-05-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    If anyone needs business lessons on customer service call Magma. Just got off the phone with an engineer Mark. Diagnosed and parts on the way. Said if there were any issues, call back and we would work through it together. Guys this machine is 30 years old and they acted like I bought it yesterday. That is how you get customers for life!
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Grand Master

That was quick! Nothing beats good old fashioned customer service.
    Gary

So, out of curiosity, what was the diagnosis and what bits are being replaced?

Boolit Master
    He said it was very likely the thermocoupler from the sound of it. If this does not work he said he could retrofit an entire control unit to work with my MKIV. If I didnt want to go that route the next step would be that relay on production board and then the entire board. For the price he quoted me for the dual PID electronically controlled retrofit I will just go that route and update the entire guts. It was really reasonable.

Boolit Bub
    I totally agree with Magnus customer service we started our casting business 3 1/2 years ago bought some new manual equipment being a master caster and a star sizer and then six months after that bought a very old and very used magma MarkII and they have nursed me through hell and high water keeping a bolted together and working I call him at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and he ships me apart I have the next day at
    8 o'clock next morningwhen we started our casting business the first thing we did was went to the Internet and look for customer complaints about the two major companies bring magma an the outher in ND after several searches on Google I could not find a single bad word about magma engineering I think the number was 30 pages on THE OUTHER CO that was enough for me they have been wonderful
    MAGMA IN THE BEST
    DAVE
    INDIANA BULLET CO

Boolit Bub
    This thread is an old one but I wanted to say Magma Engineering customer service is still awesome.
    Mark is still there helping people with old and new machines.
    I was in the area and I had a chance to go to Magma or Dillon. I chose Magma. They treated me like a king and I bought my machine second hand.

Boolit Master
    I have had great service from them too, hey are a pleasure to deal with.