MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2ADvertise here
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The History of The Laflin & Rand Powder Company

  1. #1
    Boolit Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    5,561

    The History of The Laflin & Rand Powder Company

    The Laflin & Rand Powder Company does not exist, and has not existed since it was discontinued by DuPont 100 years ago.

    The products of the Laflin & Rand Powder Company passed through the ownership of DuPont, to the Hercules Powder Company. Hercules, in turn, passed some of these products on to the Alliant Powder Company. Some of these products are still manufactured today, 110 years after introduction.



    http://www.laflinandrand.com/page2.html
    Regards
    John

  2. #2
    Boolit Master

    Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Gateway to the Rockies
    Posts
    1,272
    Excellent !!!


  3. #3
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,183
    What I find interesting is that Infallible and Unique had the exact same formulations..the difference being grain size...and that Bullseye was first made from the "sweepings" or "fines" of Infallible. So Unique and Bullseye were one and the same only Bullseye grains were smaller for a quicker burn. The same technology powder makers had been using for grading black powders.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by .22-10-45 View Post
    What I find interesting is that Infallible and Unique had the exact same formulations..the difference being grain size...and that Bullseye was first made from the "sweepings" or "fines" of Infallible. So Unique and Bullseye were one and the same only Bullseye grains were smaller for a quicker burn. The same technology powder makers had been using for grading black powders.
    Yeap, things just don't change drastically over night

  5. #5
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    Linky no worky!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    Linky no worky!
    Probably because its 4 years old

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    Yeah but the info was valuable and sadly no longer avaliable.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Boolit Grand Master GhostHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fargo ND
    Posts
    5,449
    Link did not work for me either, although I did find this.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laflin...Powder_Company

    The PDF file makes for some pretty good reading. Enjoy

    http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/Gen...-Smokeless.pdf
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 09-11-2019 at 09:31 AM.

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    I have all the original pdf files on the holy Black so i'm ok but the info is gone for most all others.

    Heres a .zip file of the whole lot (lets see how long it lasts): http://www.filedropper.com/madmonkfilescomplete

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    I have all the original pdf files on the holy Black so i'm ok but the info is gone for most all others.

    Heres a .zip file of the whole lot (lets see how long it lasts): http://www.filedropper.com/madmonkfilescomplete
    what program do I need to view these files?

    I got it with winzip, had to download winzip!

    Thanks for sharing!!
    Last edited by Savvy Jack; 09-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  12. #12
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    There's a lot of readers and even some (Chrome and Firefox) browsers that will display pdf files.
    Adope reader is a wery good one.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    There's a lot of readers and even some (Chrome and Firefox) browsers that will display pdf files.
    Adope reader is a wery good one.
    Yeah, thats what I thought but for some reason this stupid computer wouldnt do it. I had to get zip....but my computer skills suck!

  14. #14
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    Here you go: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions/
    It's free and dont opt in for the Mcafee garbage!!!

  15. #15
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Posts
    709
    Some says my link is wonky so heres another that works: https://gofile.io/?c=7AT9qD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check