WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Experiences with Hardline Industries

Boolit Mold

Experiences with Hardline Industries

Anyone order from them recently? I ordered more than 6 weeks ago and haven't received a return call or email regarding delivery.

In Remembrance

Contact them at Derek@hardlineindustries.com and ask what is the status. I have molds ordered thru them myself as well as a re-cut of another group buy for the 7mm Thor mold. Their new and expensive mill for cutting the molds is out of kilter and they are trying to get it back on an even keel with repairs. They are using an older mill presently that is slower to attempt to keep some sort of business production going till the repairs and calibrating the new mill is finished.Robert

It took a couple of months to get mine back in Nov or Oct. I inquired a few times by e-mail and they were prompt getting back to me on the status of my order. I can promise you that once you start casting you won't be disappointed.

Boolit Man
    PM sent to BWatson.

Boolit Buddy
    I experienced a similar setback. However, Derek was fair. Admitting issues and coming up with a new approach made me appreciate their business. Based on conversation, I'd do business again with Hardline.

Once received, I'll post comment for others.

Boolit Man
    Yes we have had a setback from the lead times we had been giving. We are back up and running to full capacity now, but are still at extended lead times due to the downtime.

I would like to thank all of our customers for bearing with us as we work to resolve the issue and get our lead time back to 4 weeks. We appreciate your business very much. If you are experiencing any troubles please give me a call. We will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

We have 6 orders made prior to December which we will be cutting this weekend.

Thank you,

Derek Roppel
    Hardline Industries, Inc.
    701-757-4273
    sales@hardlineindustries.com
    Last edited by Hardline; 02-06-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Love Life
    Absolutely fantastic moulds, made of IRON (happy dance), and worth the money.

Banned
    Absolutely great people to work with. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Derek and Mike. I have purchased bullet sizer / lubricators as well as bullet casters from them. It is true that they have come thru the ranks the hard way. They have had their share of set backs and they have made their way thru them. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them and have a secure feeling that they will deliver the quality that I expect. As a matter of fact their products in my mind exceed any claims that they have made. As a prior quality control person and a prior machinist I am extremely hard to satisfy and their products always put a smile on my face.

In Remembrance

As some of you may know I have been going thru health issues with my heart this last 6 weeks. Several nights back I get a phone call from Derek at Hardline, I didn`t even know he had my phone number! He wanted to see how I was faring with the heart and the other health issues of mine. He also assured my molds were fairly close to being done and ready for mailing. We gabbed on the phone like we had know each other for years and for about 20 minutes or so. How many other mold makers will take the time to call you to inquire about how you`re doing? All comments I have posted here on the site about Hardline have been strictly my observations from communications via E-Mail with Derek, nothing was asked of me to make these postings by anyone at Hardline nor was I promised anything in exchange to do so. If I said I was anxious to recieve my 8mm paper patch mold that was a joint design with them and my screwy idea of what I wanted, it would be an understatement. My design that they tweaked is in their catalog of offered molds.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Since my last post on this thread I haven't received the mold--though it was expected on the weekend following Feb 6 per Derek's comment on this thread

I wrote on the 24th of February asking for an update and was told the mold would ship the following week, and they apologized.

From a business standpoint, it's weird. I contacted them in November '14 regarding this order. My expectations are flat at this point. Not worth detailing conversations I had with them

Just an FYI to those who aren't familiar with the company and are considering designers.

Banned

Sounds like a company to avoid unless and until they get it together.

Boolit Buddy
    I received the mold a few days before Easter. Pretty sure it was Friday--April 3.

I cast a few with it on the weekend just hoping that it would cast as good as it looked. Based on the conversation that probably numbered about 25 since late November '14, I felt it was highly unlikely that it would even be the right caliber, or design

thankfully, the design was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I should have measured the diameter. Once cast I was glad that it was concentric, and the shank fit the checks I had ordered several a months ago, perfectly. Ran it through the sizer. No unusual pressure and a polished look to the driving bands . I figured about 3/100s over caliber which is about what I wanted

The only issue in had was with their supplied sprue plate. Once I recognized id have to reconfigure the Magma master caster just to get their proprietary design sprue plate to actuate, I resorted to just attach a Magma sprue cutter. Fwiw, it's a very nice sprue plate. Nice asymmetrical design and machining. I just couldn't get it to open and close reliably on my master caster so I just replaced it

based on the product only, I'd like to order again. But, I don't know if I can deal with the back and forth of uncertainty. I'll try to take a pic of the mold and sprue plate, for reference

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	136352

If I hadn't clarified earlier, I ordered a mold for a Magma Master Caster (which they offer on their site), not Ballisti-cast
    Last edited by chloe123; 04-08-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe123 View Post
    I received the mold a few days before Easter. Pretty sure it was Friday--April 3.

I cast a few with it on the weekend just hoping that it would cast as good as it looked. Based on the conversation that probably numbered about 25 since late November '14, I felt it was highly unlikely that it would even be the right caliber, or design

thankfully, the design was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I should have measured the diameter. Once cast I was glad that it was concentric, and the shank fit the checks I had ordered several a months ago, perfectly. Ran it through the sizer. No unusual pressure and a polished look to the driving bands . I figured about 3/100s over caliber which is about what I wanted

The only issue in had was with their supplied sprue plate. Once I recognized id have to reconfigure the Magma master caster just to get their proprietary design sprue plate to actuate, I resorted to just attach a Magma sprue cutter. Fwiw, it's a very nice sprue plate. Nice asymmetrical design and machining. I just couldn't get it to open and close reliably on my master caster so I just replaced it

based on the product only, I'd like to order again. But, I don't know if I can deal with the back and forth of uncertainty. I'll try to take a pic of the mold and sprue plate, for reference
    Its simple. You put Magma spru cutters on any mold you wish to run on a Magma bullet caster and you use Ballisti-cast spru cutters on Magma molds your using on a Ballisti-cast bullet caster.

Boolit Mold
    Hi All: I've had a custom mold order in with Hardline since November 2014. With many emails and phone calls to Derek, I still haven't received my order. Derek said my order was getting ready to be finished soon. They no long answer their phone or have a message recording to leave a message. I see that hardline still has a advertising header on this forum. I think I've been stiffed ?

Frustrated, Wayne Johnson

Boolit Master

Sounds like a repeat of what happened when running the dads shop...

Boolit Mold
    I'm personally making sure refunds happen. Either myself or hardline will be in contact with you. I can't say a date yet, but hoping for within 30 days. I have customer information for all the orders that were paid and never shipped. There will be an announcement on cast boolits when Im able to say more to make sure no one is missed.

Mike Sand

In Remembrance

The middle of June I got an e-mail from Derek saying they were having a difficult time boring a straight nose hole for my 8mm paper patch 2 cavity mold I ordered last November. I made 2 phone calls to talk to Derek or anybody there about the order. After not recieving an answer to my several e-mails I also sent then asking just where my order is on the work sheet I canceled my order both by phone voice mail and on their e-mail site. Up till June I would occasionly recieve a folksy type e-mail from Derek, then they just stopped coming. I would have understood more if I would have been kept in the information loop as to what was happening. No updates and info and 9 months wait finally got to me.Robert

Looks like maybe Hardline is spreading themselves thin with 2 businesses. Read the description the below auctions. Notice the locations of both companies mentioned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-Pounds-Bu...item19efdfd014

Boolit Mold
    No. Separate ownership. They're located 40 miles away but run some hardline equipment.