Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Ultra Bore Coat

In Remembrance

Ultra Bore Coat

There was a thread here a while back on this product. Did anyone ever try it or have any knowledge of results with it? DALE

Banned

I think it scared everybody off. No one wanted their rifle to be the guinie pig.

I remember that thread... We all came to the conclusion that we could pretty much tell if it would work if we just knew what was in it. So....

I sent an inquiry, expressing my interest on behalf of my "department," and could they send me a MSDS sheet...?

Never got an answer.
    “If your only tool is a hammer, then all your problems start to look like people who need to be beaten with a hammer.”

Boolit Master

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hunte.../dp/B001COY5E0

I'm going to try this stuff in my XP-100 and 145grn. G/C boolits, and see how it works. Will report back soon.......
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Boolit Buddy
    I've decided the next relatively new barrel I get will be treated with UBC. Working on a scheme now to fund that barrel...

Boolit Master

The XP-100 I'm trying it on is accurate, but used to foul rather easily/quickly with jacketed bullets. I have since fire-lapped the bore with Tubb's system, and it made a huge difference in smoothness and cleanability. I didn't try cast boolits in it yet, maybe I should before the treatment. A before-and-after comparison might be interesting in the treatment's effectiveness.
    I shoot so that I can handload.

Bill, at UltraCoatings Inc., sent me a sample about 8-9 months ago. It sat around for many months as I too was a bit hesitant. I bought a used Browning 22 Hornet during the summer. As it was a bit tedious to clean, I figured what the heck. I followed the well written instuctions to the letter and then broke it in the next day. Cleaning is much easier as it only takes a few patches now. I've seen no difference in jacketed accuracy. As I was just getting a mold/cherry ready for it, I really didn't have any baseline. Don't know if it helped or not, but with cast I'm running over 2,800 fps with a 10-shot group at 1 1/4".

I would try it again.