RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Kinda off topic!!!

Boolit Buddy

Kinda off topic!!!

Just felt like I should tell you all what I did last eve for the first time! I tried skiing!!!! Was great fun even though I took a few tumbles. I really want to go again!! I figured that at almost 30, I will not learn any younger I thought I might feel sore this morning but I don't really. I can just feel that some unused muscles got reused again!!

Boolit Master

Way To Go! When I was young enough to learn, I was a poor A2C in Denver, and couldn't afford it. Now that I can afford it, I'm old and ugly, bones are brittle, &cetera, and live in AZ. Go It!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

A have a severe aversion to strapping sticks to my feet, and throwing myself down a mountain...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevyod View Post
    Just felt like I should tell you all what I did last eve for the first time! I tried skiing!!!! Was great fun even though I took a few tumbles. I really want to go again!! I figured that at almost 30, I will not learn any younger I thought I might feel sore this morning but I don't really. I can just feel that some unused muscles got reused again!!
    Congrats!

I didn't learn myself until I was 32. It came easy for me being a competitive water skier.

My only problem was dodging the folks who didn't know what they were doing.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

You'll break a leg.................

Boolit Buddy
    Well if I do at least I will have fun doing it!! I tell you, there is something exhilarating about flying down the mountain with sticks on your feet! The rush of wind in your face is great! Plus the slope was fresh powder; the kind that you can hear the whisper of skis! I wasn't too sure how it would go. I have never water skied or anything like that before. However, I did learn ice skating at 9! Now I was not great at it, but had a lot of fun!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    You'll break a leg.................
    The chances are extremely low if you are using current equipment, or relatively current equipment. AND that you use the boots that the bindings were adjusted for as well as do not monkey with the binding adjustments.

The bindings are designed to release in any situation that may even cause a sprain.

Breaks can happen from two reasons; one, a freak accident. Two, the skier lied to the technician and told him that he was a better skier than he was.

Oh, there is a third reason, even though all techs must be certified, maybe he was asleep at the wheel. However, it is not Rocket Science.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Love Life
    Man oh man it's fun. Just make sure you have good skis with good fit. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life was try to herring bone up a 2 foot hump with overly long skis and poor fit. You should have seen the crowd around me laughing as I huffed, and puffed, and dang near died of exhaustion trying to get over that bump.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I cross country skied a lot when I still lived on the rez. 20 miles a day was common, hunting coyotes for bounty. I was never interested in the downhill skiing, with all the yuppies infesting the local ski areas. I take that back, I played music at the ski lodges a few times, and some of the snow bunnies can be very friendly.

Just some interesting trivia. The 10th Mountain Brigade was formed in Montana at Ft. Harrison during WW2. After the war, some of the members started Big Mountain Ski Resort, now known as Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, outside of Whitefish, Montana. Every winter, the surviving members gather here at Somers for a breakfast, then go up to the mountain for a day of skiing.
    Last edited by waksupi; 01-30-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Whoever said Gravity Sucks never went skiing. I love it, I use shorter skis than recommended for my weight and ability as I find they are no handicap and are easier just not as fast. It is getting pretty expensive these days and I don't get to ski every year since I live on the Gulf coast but look forward to my next chance.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Moderator Emeritus

If I am going down a mountain at high speed it will be on a big truck inner tube!

I always had a great time when sking